Whats a good Saiga 12 case? and Manual?

Does anyone have a good gun case they could recommend for a saiga 12? Hard or soft doesn't matter. I just don't want to carry mine around in the cardboard box it came in even though it is stylish.

Also anyone have a manual thats better then the one that comes with the gun? The one I have doesn't seem to have that much in it. PDF or whatever would be great.

Not sure if it will be of better assistance to you... but pull-up the attached .pdf file below.

Regarding a possible gun case, I store mine under my bed in a Pelican case (see below). It's a bit pricey.... but hey, it works great!

When I take it to the firing range, I have a UTG 32" soft case for it (it barely fits.... and that's with the stock folded).

~Gary

Saiga_Owners_Manual.pdf

post-4853-1192158153_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary
Not sure if it will be of better assistance to you... but pull-up the attached .pdf file below.

Regarding a possible gun case, I store mine under my bed in a Pelican case (see below). It's a bit pricey.... but hey, it works great!

When I take it to the firing range, I have a UTG 32" soft case for it (it barely fits.... and that's with the stock folded).

~Gary

Where did you find that case? that is exactly what my kid wants for one or two of his guns. Basically what we want is a case that has 2 sheets of solid foam in them that we could cut to fit and make a nice fitted case for our guns.

I want one for my black powder setup (too many loose things to carry in a bag, would be nice to have a fitted case for) and I want one for my Romak 3 with all the accessories.

Not just any foam case but the kind like pictured above where you can cut out the gun and accessories so that everything has a home.

~Gary

Where did you find that case? that is exactly what my kid wants for one or two of his guns. Basically what we want is a case that has 2 sheets of solid foam in them that we could cut to fit and make a nice fitted case for our guns.

I want one for my black powder setup (too many loose things to carry in a bag, would be nice to have a fitted case for) and I want one for my Romak 3 with all the accessories.

Not just any foam case but the kind like pictured above where you can cut out the gun and accessories so that everything has a home.

bobotech -- It's a Pelican 1720 case, size 42" long. I recall purchasing it from the following website (Boss Safety Products): http://www.boss-safety.com/shop/pelican-17...oam-p-1739.html

At the time of my purchase, I think it sold for $157.75, yet as you can see from visiting their website, apparently they are now selling for $166.95.

Anyway, if you're hell-bent-for-leather to procure one of these cases, I'd recommended doing a thorough websearch because you might be able to locate a supplier that sells them for somewhat less. I can report that I spent hours searching the web until I located this one particular supplier whom at the time was the least expensive seller of the item. Whatever the case as you can see, they are not cheap. BUT, the way I figured it, since I was spending well over $1K for my TROMIX and the gun was going to reside under my bed (versus in a locked rifle safe or whatever), I thought it a wise and reasonable purchase.

Best regards,

~Gary

Did you have to cut the foam yourself with a razor? Or was it pre-cut?

I'm wondering if i could get one alittle larger and fit my AR-15 Carbine in with my saiga 12.

Joeddox - These Pelican brand cases come in multiple sizes, three (or more) of which I believe readily accommodate rifles. YES, I had to cut the interior sheet of foam myself (there are three sheets of foam that come with the case, the middle sheet naturally is the one that's cut to fit the outline of the item(s) being placed in the case). The Pelican case came with detailed instructions on how to cut the foam.... I recall that it recommended using an electric kitchen carving knife, which is what I did.

The only pain in the ass was gluing the middle, cut-out piece of foam to the back sheet of foam (an optional step.... but since I didn't desire to have the entire middle piece of foam yanked-out every time I grabbed my gun, I thought it worthwhile to glue the piece in place). I purchased some spray adhesive, the type of which you spay-on both items/surfaces to be glued, allow to semi-dry, and they stick the two surfaces together.

The pain was, I likely should have marked that area of the back sheet that WASN'T going to be glued to the middle sheet; that portion of the back sheet of foam that would be contacting my gun. Instead, I sprayed the entirety of the back foam piece. Yet, since this is a spray-on glue application... that might have been hugely problematic (trying to keep the spray within the lines). So, after gluing the two pieces of foam together, in spite of the glue on the back/bottom piece being completely dry, for the first few weeks whenever I pulled my gun out of the case it had some of that dried sticky glue on those portions of the gun that contacted the back foam. Therefore, I always had to rub-off that stickem crap from the gun.

~Gary

After looking at the dimensions it looks like i could squeeze in a AR-15 carbine if I make the barrel point opposite of the saiga 12.

Thanks for the glue tip I wouldn't have thought of that.

The foam they sell looks similar to some I've seen around here that I could get cheaper so I wouldn't have to worry about messing up. I just don't want the inside of the case to look like a 4 year old did it...

I have one of these lying around surplus that I now use for the Saiga when I need to take it places:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gib...-Bag?sku=547963

The fit is actually just about perfect. I can fit the gun and both the AGP and factory mag that I own in there, and the side pocket fits the cleaning kit and my newer bore brush once its taken apart.

I've always dug making cases out of something else though - a pistol case out of an old thrift store briefcase (holds two boxes of ammo, the pistol, cleaning kit, and magazines), for instance... I'm thinking I might take a hardshell guitar case and make something similar for the Saiga - hold the gun, three mags or so, the cleaning kit, and a couple boxes of ammo... Just takes some foam, a utility knife, the case to work from, spray adhesive, and toothpicks to "trace out" the design to cut into the foam.

The thing I like best about it is that it doesn't raise eyebrows as much as a gun case if you live in an apartment complex or something similar like I used to - a gun case stands out more and neighbors get a tad bit apprehensive toward you... at least that was my experience. Then again, I live in an extremely anti-gun college town.