Scope from Eastwave

I bought this scope from Eastwave. I really like it. It has a built-in rail that fits the Saiga perfectly, and it is battery powered for night firing. The reticle has a declination scale that goes up to 1,000 yards, and when switched on it lights up in red which you can see in the dark.

The only problem is that even though the rail angles toward the center of the rifle, it still sits on the left side. When I sight in I have to cant my head because I'm a lefty. I sighted in from the right side and it looks perfectly level.

Anybody got any ideas on how I could make this work? If not, does anybody want it? I'll sell it for the entire shipped price which was $164. I just need another option for my Saiga, I'm not trying to make a profit and I don't want to ship it back to Belarus.

SNIPER RIFLE SCOPE POSP 8x42 VD

POSP 8x42 VD - Sniper Rifle Scope with build-in AK Mount and illuminated Range Finder and Diopiter Adjustment

The sniper Rifle Scope POSP 8x42VD has a built-in 1,000 m dual rangefinder for the target 1.5 m (5') and 0.5 m (1'8").

The diopiter adjustment allows you to compensate vision problems.

$124 Item #0402

order now

The link says it's $124

SNIPER RIFLE SCOPE POSP 8x42 VD

POSP 8x42 VD - Sniper Rifle Scope with build-in AK Mount and illuminated Range Finder and Diopiter Adjustment

The sniper Rifle Scope POSP 8x42VD has a built-in 1,000 m dual rangefinder for the target 1.5 m (5') and 0.5 m (1'8").

The diopiter adjustment allows you to compensate vision problems.

$124 Item #0402

order now

The link says it's $124

Yeah, and they charge $40 shipping. Registered insured mail. Go ahead, email them and ask. I have nothing to hide. By the way, I'm offering to ship it to buyer for free. Won't take 3 weeks like it did to get to me.

From: "East Wave Products" <support@eastwave.ca> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

To: "David *****" <fossten@yahoo.com>

Subject: Re: WEB-MAIL www.eastwave.ca

Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:24:52 -0400

Hello,

Your order was shipped on Sepotember 27 by registered airmail. Please be advised that the average delivery time is 14-18 days.

Regards

Dmitry

www.eastwave.ca

----- Original Message -----

To: East Wave Products

Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 10:44 AM

Subject: Re: WEB-MAIL www.eastwave.ca

I wanted to check and see if my order has shipped yet.

Thank you.

David *****

East Wave Products <support@eastwave.ca> wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your order.

Your total is: ============== US$164 ==============

SNIPER RIFLE SCOPE POSP 8x42 VD $124

S/h/i by insured mail = $40

1. If you use PayPal please go to www.PayPal.com and submit your payment to

ewp@sympatico.ca and we'll ship your order shortly.

============================

2. Please let us know if you like to use another payment method (Western

Union, Money Order, check, Cash).

============================

Best regards

Dzmtiry

EWP Inc sales manager

www.eastwave.ca

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:06 AM

Subject: WEB-MAIL www.eastwave.ca

>

>

> Name:David *****

> Product: SNIPER RIFLE SCOPE POSP 8x42 VD

Edited by fossten
Ouch. That explains why they appeared to have better prices than the other vendors for the stuff they carry. No thanks.

Which other vendors? CDNN has the exact same scope for $169.99 plus shipping. Cheaperthandirt.com has it for $199.99 plus shipping.

Edited by fossten
Which other vendors? CDNN has the exact same scope for $169.99 plus shipping. Cheaperthandirt.com has it for $199.99 plus shipping.

What is the difference between the "VD" version and the standard POSP 8x42? Because Kalinka Optics has the standard version for $153.97, a "D" version for a little more, and several other versions for somewhat more money:

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=54

And I see that Freedom Optics (where I got the POSP for my Saiga) has the "VD" for $159.95:

http://stores.freedomoptics.com/Detail.bok?no=6

And to clarify, the "no thanks" was in reference to buying from Eastwave specifically, and not a comment on your item or price. I had been previously thinking of buying a PK-AS from them for my other AK, but $40 in shipping will wipe out any savings to be had, so I'd rather just buy from one of the other two places I linked. If you have to have it shipped directly from Belarus, I'd hate to have any sort of problem with it. When I had an issue with the LED in my POSP, Freedom Optics sent me out a new one right away at no extra charge.

I understand what you're saying guys. Thanks for the clarification. I got instructions, a rubber eyepiece, and batteries with the scope. The bag isn't worth anything to speak of.

I guess I could train myself to shoot right handed if nobody wants to buy the scope.

I think the different types are to fit different rifles. The D version fits the Dragunov, Tiger, and the SKS but not the Saiga. The MGD Pro doesn't fit the Saiga, because I emailed them and asked. The VD version fits the Saiga, AKs, and the Vepr.

And if anybody is interested in a very good scope with night illumined reticle, you can get it from me instead of Belarus. If you pm me I might be able to negotiate a slightly lower price to entice you. I really just want to get my money out of it so I can get a different setup.

I bought this scope from Eastwave. I really like it. It has a built-in rail that fits the Saiga perfectly, and it is battery powered for night firing. The reticle has a declination scale that goes up to 1,000 yards, and when switched on it lights up in red which you can see in the dark.

The only problem is that even though the rail angles toward the center of the rifle, it still sits on the left side. When I sight in I have to cant my head because I'm a lefty. I sighted in from the right side and it looks perfectly level.

Anybody got any ideas on how I could make this work? If not, does anybody want it? I'll sell it for the entire shipped price which was $164. I just need another option for my Saiga, I'm not trying to make a profit and I don't want to ship it back to Belarus.

hey i'm a lefty too. did you see this one? i figured that scope and one of those UTG scope mounts would do just the trick since the UTG ones are centered over the middle of the rifle.

as for your current situation i have no solution but to sell it off or return it to eastwave and explain your situation. they might take pity on you.

• 2 weeks later...

The V mean it has the AK mount and not the SVD mount.

The D means it has an adjustable diopter.

SO:

PSO 4x24V is 4 power, 24mm lens, fixed diopter, AK mount (or converted Saiga)

PSO 4x24M is 4 power, 24mm lens, fixed diopter, SVD mount (or unconverted Saiga)

PSO 8x42 is 8 power, 42mm lens, fixed diopter, SVD mount

PSO 8x42D is 8 power, 42mm lens, adjustable diopter, SVD mount

PSO 8x42DV is 8 power, 42mm lens, adjustable diopter, AK mount

Also the difference between the two styles of mounts (AK and SVD) is the eye relief.

They both mount on the same rail.

The AK mounts move the scope forward a couple of inches.

On an unconverted Saiga you probably want the SVD mount or the scope will be too far forward.

On a converted Saiga with a Warsaw length stock you need the AK mount or the scope will be in your eye.

Oh, and while I'm at it they are all PSO scopes.

PO and PSOP are marketing names to get around Russian export restrictions on mil stuff.

The the stuff from Belarus tends to be closer to the real military version than the stuff from Russia (ie correct mil reticle instead of hunting style).

The Belarus stuff is still built on the Zeiss machinery the Red Army brought back from Germany.

Also, I could work you a deal on the scope.

I have two Belarus side mount scope rails.

One high mount and one low mount.

I could include either or both of those in on a deal.

I've got lots of other stuff too, mags, furniture

Edited by Aloxite

Okaaaaaaaay.....

#1 does not apply because I was not placing an ad. I thought it was a rather innocuous posting myself, and you didn't say anything until just now, which makes me wonder why there wasn't a problem before.

If you read my post to get the overall tone of it, I was asking for help or suggestions and just threw the sale option out there because I know some people besides me like POSP scopes. Clearly I'm not running a business here. I bought a scope and then realized after receipt that it wasn't suitable for lefties. So I am looking to replace it. Are you saying that you discourage anybody on this site from trading or selling parts to each other unless they are a contributor? So if I have, say, an extra recoil buffer left over from blackjackbuffers, I can't sell that to anybody unless I become a contributor and pay for an ad?

This scope is not for sale anywhere. #'s 2, 3, and 4 do not apply in any way whatsoever to anything I've done or said.

And there are exactly zero posts that use the phrase, "PM Sent" or "I'll take it." And I have not received any PMs from anybody on this site that expressed transaction details.

By the way, your link on how to become a contributor doesn't work.

Edited by fossten

Dude, I know it ain't an add.

I'm just supposed to watch for things like this.

If I felt it was an add, I would have shut down the thread and issued a warning as per my instructions to do so.....

so to cover MY ass, I simply posted the rules.

we mods are held accountable for our actions..

I take no joy in bothering good members.

as far as the link, contact admin.