I doubt they invite them to instruct, but I do know that some forces use "simulated" battle to train....yes, the explosions and blanks make it more "realistic", but not all police departments can afford the gear.

True, I wasn't considering police depts.

And speaking of paintball.....this is one of my favorite videos. I cant help laughing out loud every time I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddMowxKchko

That is pretty good. I like the slow fall while dropping the gun :ded:

i'm far retired from tourney play now,i never used a phantom but when i did/do play against non-tourney players i will/would use my sniper I and let them use their semi's it makes it a little more challangeing for me. i've never seen/heard of any field allowing over 300fps with any paintball gun.back when i played tourney's none of the fields had the blow up bunkers(but i have played on them), they used spools, pallets/plywood, tires...ect for speedball or just woods with no bunkers just trees and brush it was so thick you couldnt see across the field much less shoot across it. and you didnt use 1 case of paint per game, when paint cost $125+ sh it was expensive to play until our team got a paintball sponsorship from paintball mania out of ST.LOUIS. i still do play but not tourney anymore just dont have the time to spare to put enough into it to get serious about it again now i just play for the love/fun of the sport. i can remmber the year wayne was talking about their 1st D-day oklahoma, after the tourney,they actually took us over to his/dads place (where D-DAY is now)and we played a few games with the ref's but it was totally undeveloped they was hopeing that 50 ppl would show up LOL and look at it now WOW!! who could have dreamed! :super:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6t3jP0ni3qE

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yEeB93K8vmg&...feature=related

to me this is the funniest part of paintball, of corse tourney's are great to but tourney's are to much business (its all about money)it kinda takes the fun out of it.i know it had to inorder for the sport to grow. that why im glade to see both aspects of paintball grow woodsball & tournaments. but my favorite for the love of the sport is the good old woodsball :killer:

Edited by Cryptkeeper
Never used any simunition, but I doubt its used for CQB.

Actually, it is. Our Navy boarding teams take a 2 week course down at Blackwater on basic CQB. Part of it involves using Simunitions in the "combat town" set up they have there. One of my boarding officers was showing me the big welt he had on his hand from a Simunition round and complaining how much the rounds hurt. I told him to stop getting shot!

So the pain can be an effective training tool, too.

As far as paintball, I haven't tried it but my philosophy is that any kind of activity like that can be turned into a training benefit. You just have to realize what it is - and what it isn't. Otherwise you run the risk of "negative" training - learning bad habits. Depending on where you play and who you play with, I think you could organize some scenarios that would increase the training value, as well as the difficulty -- and therefore the fun level.

Jim