Gun show report

Went to a gun show in Denver over the weekend, looking for another Saiga to convert. If I recall correctly, I saw two .30-06s, three .308s (including one with wood furniture). a couple of .410s, and a handfull of 7.62s. Only one 20 gauge present, and NO (that's ZERO) .223s or 12s. The only Saiga priced attractively was a .410, but after talking to the owner, I learned it didn't come with even a single magazine. I did recommend the Saigas to one guy who was shopping for a new rifle for a family member (who's Mini-14 had just KABOOMED while digesting reloads). Just my opinion, but I think the Russians need to import more Saigas (especially .223s & 12s ;>) and more Saiga mags...

a show in State Line, PA had one (count em) one Saiga .223 here recently. A shorty, 16"er. I just remember thinking "Hey, that's my gun.. for alot more than I paid for mine", but I dont recall any other Saigas at all. Just a bunch of damned ARs. Way too many ARs.

Need more Saigas.

If the .30-06 had high capacity magazines, MY GOD! The stuff is cheaper than .308 right now.

A Saiga 06 that could be easily modified to use BAR mags would be absolutely super (I bet they could sell more than they could ever make & get over here - but I guess that's nothing new)! (Of course, that means they could also pretty much name their own price... ;>) And the ammo really doesn't have to be cheap - everyone & their cousin already has .30-06 ammo stashed in their closet. For those that don't, most already have the reloading dies, 30 caliber bullets, etc., etc...

Get 'em over here, and I'll buy one - even though I already have a nice Savage .30-06 (shoots one-hole groups with at least one flavor of factory ammo - how great is that? ;>)!

(And FWIW, I already have a spare BAR mag to experiment with, so I'm good to go! ;>)

A word of wisdom to my Compadres here: check the ArmaLite website frequently for sales/web specials. FWIW, a while back, I put together a complete AR-15 for $504 parts cost (shipping, FFL fee, & sales tax extra), with absolutely everything ordered off the ArmaLite web site sale page. I'm still smiling over that one! The best AR components in the world, at a bargain-basement price! How can you beat that? It's almost nice enough to turn my head! But the ArmaLite is for my wife (she prefers a really light-weight rifle), and I really do like 5.56 Saigas better (because I hate cleaning ARs)! But if you need or just want an AR, keep checking the ArmaLite web site. This morning, they had a 16" chrome-lined upper (with bolt carrier group & charging handle) for $378 (ArmaLite Item No. EK0446B). That's less than I paid for my ArmaLite upper when I put together the AR I mentioned above!!! Unfortunately, they don't list that sale item anymore (just a few hours later!) - so I would recommend checking in every day (that's how I find the best deals, myself).

Just a word of wisdom, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc...