Springfield XD40 Subcompact

Hello Everyone,

I was in the gun shop the other day and I came across a Springfield XD subcompact in the stainless. They are selling it for around $425 and I was thinking about purchasing it as a primary target and as a last resort home defence pistol. I currently own a s&w Sigma 9mm (The one w/o the rail) and I was thinking about trading it in and purchasing the xd. However, I am unsure if I should trade it for a pistol which might be less accurate at 25 yards. I was also wondering if the 40 caliber ammo is accurate as a target round and would be effective as a last resort home defence pistol, also is it more accurate than a 45 ACP round? I really need some help with this one since I am really torn as to purchase it or not. I did call springfield and customer service said it gets around 4.5 grouping or better. I would grealt appreciate any information people could give to me in reguard to these questions.

Thank You,

Teky0101

i have owned a sigma and sold it to get an xd i however got the xd 45. i have shot the xd 40. and it is more accurate than the sigma all day but the 45. is more accurate well at least i am w/ the 45. but im not one to say which one is better or best just for me the xd 45. is my go to pistol

I bought an XD-45 Compact last month. For a price comparison, the store had it for $579 but the matched the price of the gun show. I have not shot it yet. I also bought 250 rounds of Wolf ammo, but some say that is not as good in handguns as it is in AKs. I need to find someone local to go shooting with and I am taking a class sometime soon but no date picked.

I prefer my XD-9 service model. Installing the after market full lenght guide rod (not availalble for compact or .45 ACP service) it cycles very smoothly and is not liable to jam due to the captive recoil spring assembly failing (It happens, usually at a bad time and is a VERY bad thing). There is minimal size difference between a compact and the service. I conceal my service model quite easily, but I can conceal a .44 Mag N frame easily too. Your choice of course.