10 rd mags

Is there a good reliable and hopefuly inexpensive 10 rd for my saiga 12 on the market?

Nope.

The available 10-rd magazine is reliable, but it ain't cheap. You can buy them from the Saiga 12 e-store for $49 shipped -- that's about the best price going. I bought 4 from Makc...fast service, new (2nd generation) mags.

Jim

The 4 10 rd mags that I have work fine, no problems. They are made out of some sort of hard plastic and probably will not last forever

I read that the Gen 2 mags could be identified by looking on the follower, correct? I took all of mine apart and it seems that none of them are gen 2. I also read that cutting 1/4 inch off of the front leg of the follower would basically make them the same as the gen 2 mags.

$50 is very reasonable for a 10 round mag. You can double that + for the eight round Russian mags. They make the AGP's a bargain by comparison. You have to consider the quantity being sold is nothing like the AR mags and many others so the price will be higher, but we are lucky to have them. :)

MAA is the screen name,I bought several from him fast shipping,mags have never jammed I have 7 10rd mags have had 0 problems with them

MAA charges $47 + shipping for mag quantities under 10. For the difference, I'd strongly recommend supporting the Saiga-12 family (Makc) and buying from the e-store.

But are they good and reliable?

Yes -- they are extremely reliable (as my first post said)...they just aren't cheap!

Jim