I found this and thought it was something alot of us can do to help out our guys over in the big sand pit.Me and my wife just sent in two old cell phones that were collecting dust in one of our drawers,they were outdated and would never be used.The two kids that started this program have raised millions from selling old cell phones to be recycled and then using the money to buy calling cards for the soldiers.It allows the family's of the soldiers to keep in contact as often as they like without the big phone bills .Check out the videos on the site..theres also a tab to download a shipping label to where they should be sent,or you can drop them off at hundreds of drop off points. This is all legit..whats better than the capability for a soldier to phone home anytime to talk to his loved ones? ..Check it out.

http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/

Edited by Pointer

I'll have a quad band phone before I back over seas again.

A standard U.S. phone won't work in Hungary, Germany, Qutar, Japan, New York and those are just the countries I have been to. They won't work most places out side the U.S.

I'm gussing they use donated phones and money to buy the righ ones.