Well I had nothing better to do today so I started my conversion. I noticed a couple of things I didn't expect

1. Those pins in the back were really easy to get off lol, just tap them a few times with the drill and they fell out

2. The rivets holding the plate on were pretty easy to get off, but I haven't been able to get that spot weld off.

That's as far as I got today, couple of questions:

1. What do I use to get the rivets out of the gun now that the plate has been removed? Do i just drill them out or try and punch?

2. Whats the best way to get that trigger guard off the spot weld?

3. What's this I hear about re-aligning the rear of the receiver? Is it crooked or something?

I was thinking of using JB Weld to hold the safety stop and the front of the trigger guard on, with a screw/bolt in the rear, what do you guys think?

Gotta go to work, damn night shift

Ok I got the conversion done. I went with stainless screws rather than pop rivets, seemed like too much trouble.

For the paint I bought a can of Rustoleum Specialty High Heat paint, says it's good for up to 1200* without baking. Sounds good to me, don't know what it's resistance to brake cleaner is gonna be like though haha.

Just waiting on the retaining wire from Tapco then I'll reassemble and post pics.

Ok I got the conversion done. I went with stainless screws rather than pop rivets, seemed like too much trouble.

For the paint I bought a can of Rustoleum Specialty High Heat paint, says it's good for up to 1200* without baking. Sounds good to me, don't know what it's resistance to brake cleaner is gonna be like though haha.

Just waiting on the retaining wire from Tapco then I'll reassemble and post pics.

I used the same Rustoleum myself on the receiver. So far it is holding out great and you cant tell it has been refinished. I will not be using brake cleaner or gun scrubber on my gun though as those products would melt the plastic furniture.

turns out that that Rustoleum isn't even close to the stock color. I wanted black, it says black on the can, but it came out dark grey......wtf.....

Hopefully you just test sprayed it onto some paper or something. Maybe it darkens as it dries? :unsure:

yea i sprayed it on some paper first. It went on black so I thought it was ok then did the gun. It dried to a dark grey....

bought another can of Rustoleum industrial type paint, this time Gloss Black. Hopefully that matches. If not i'm just gonna Duracoat the thing