7.62x39 Saiga: Everything really stuck?

I just picked up my new saiga yesterday, and was working to start on my conversion. But when I tried taking anything apart, it's as if the whole gun's been loctited :( Most of the screws (mainly the stock tang screws) are beginning to shear, without so much as budging. Does anyone know a way to get these loose?

Also, how do I remove the fore end of the rifle? I've read a couple threads about it, but mine simply won't come out. I've already removed the bottom fore end screw, and the whole fore end is still stuck solid. Is there method to wiggle these out or something?

Thanks in advance.

I just picked up my new saiga yesterday, and was working to start on my conversion. But when I tried taking anything apart, it's as if the whole gun's been loctited :( Most of the screws (mainly the stock tang screws) are beginning to shear, without so much as budging. Does anyone know a way to get these loose?

Also, how do I remove the fore end of the rifle? I've read a couple threads about it, but mine simply won't come out. I've already removed the bottom fore end screw, and the whole fore end is still stuck solid. Is there method to wiggle these out or something?

Thanks in advance.

That handguard can be a real pain in the ass. I've seen several guns that had really long pins in the gas block that caused the handguard to hang on even harder than normal. What I do to get the factory handguard off is put a piece of tape on the gas tube and stick a screw driver between it and the handguard and pry it down. As far as the screws in the stock goes, I don't knwo what to tell you. Make sure you are using the correct size screw driver and give it a whirl. The worst you're gonna do is snap them off. If that happens and for some reason you decide you still wanna use your factory buttstock you're gonna have to drill out the screws. I can think of worse shit to deal with.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to get my handguard off with that. Is it easier if I remove the gas tube first? And I just don't know what to do with the screws... The screw heads are razor-sharp now, and still not budging.

Get a hold of one of those impact head type screwdrivers. They work great on those tight screws.

To remove the forearm you have to first remove the gas tube. That or pry it outwards on the sides at the rear. If you look close you can see how it locks into the flange on the back of the gas tube.

Okay, I just attempted to remove the gas tube. From the user's manual and visual inspection, I'm supposed to open the lever perpendicular to the rifle, then pull up from the back, then back out, correct?

I can't seem to wiggle my gas tube out. Is there a tool useful to grip onto the gas tube? My hands are having a hard time getting a firm grip and I don't want to use clamps in fear of scratching the already-delicate finish.

Thanks a lot to everyone for putting up with my noobness by the way. This is my first autoloading rifle and I'm scared of damaging anything; I've already developed sort of a puppy love for it :-D