would this be in compliance

Gonna end up doing this in phases and wanna know if my proposed first phase would be legal without US mags

Stock Saiga x39

Phase 1

--------------

FCG for Pistol Grip Conversion (3x 922r parts)

Bullet Guide Kit Round/Flat Trunion

SAW Pistol Grip (1x 922r parts)

Pistol Grip Nut and Screw

question is b/c this would utilize the original stock...

No, you'd be one part short. If you really need to keep the factory stock, switch out the gas piston or handgaurd. The PG doesn't count toward compliance, because it didn't have one in the first place. So you technically only swapping out 3 foreign parts for US made ones with the way you want to go.

gotcha... thats what i figured, thanks! will add the US gas tube to phase 1 or find a US made folder to replace the stock.

Gas piston, not tube. The gas tube isn't a "counted" part. Go with the folder. :up:

Edited by 22_Shooter

right... gas piston. (that's what i meant)

i've been reading since posting that and will probably go with the ACE folder as well.

one more question: is it possible to go back to a fixed stock after converting to a folder (and removing the tang)? would i even want to with a side folding ACE stock?

Edited by ripper225
right... gas piston. (that's what i meant)

i've been reading since posting that and will probably go with the ACE folder as well.

one more question: is it possible to go back to a fixed stock after converting to a folder (and removing the tang)? would i even want to with a side folding ACE stock?

Yes, you just won't have the support of the tang, which isn't that much support, if you look at it.

Side folders are really really nice, especially Ace models.