:cryss:

Went out hunting on christmas day with my mosin m44 , the first time ive used it for hunting .

Ive had lots of practise at 100m and 200m targets and I hit them all , no fucking problem .

anyway here I am stubbling throught the bush and I see a big red deer and a big albino ,

resting in the shade about 120m away ,

so I get down ninja up through the mud to within 30m of it ,

the buck spots me I aim directly at it BANG ,

and fuck I missed.

My M44 was completly standard with bayonet .

has anyone got advise or something for close shots within 100m

what ammo were you using maybe it went through that actually happened to me no shit with my nagant it was dark and i grabbed the silver tip match ammo instead of the silver tip hunting ammo went right through the deer and i lost him :cryss: it was the worste day of my life hunting or maybe you did miss him maybe you just had buck fever :haha:

Back in the early 70's my uncle took a shot at a running deer with my Dad mosin. Shot went up the a$$ and blew the chest out ala Alien style. Made a nasty mess of things as I recall. Even worst, because of the deer blind he was in, he had to take the shot right handed (he's a lefty). In essence, he was impatient and made a mistake shooting at the poor buck.