308 FBMG mags

Just got my 20 rounders in for my S-308. They look great, fit great, and feed great hand cycling. Hope to shoot it soon. Now all I need to do is get FCG, PG, and stock...I think. I have a couple of questions though:

Does anyone know how many parts are US made in the new production FBMG mags?

As long as I get the right parts count - could I stay with my current trigger? Say get US stock and still convert to PG config?

New FBMG mags only have one US part - the mag body. You need to swap out three more parts (assuming you are not using a muzzle device) to get to the magical "10-or-less" imported parts under 922r.

You might consider stock, PG, gas piston. If adding a muzzle device, you need another US part or it (the muzzle device)needs to be US made...

Could I leave my trigger in and just move it, then put the PG in, US stock & piston and, say change the floor plate to a US one? I hate to sound cheap - but that's what it gets down to I guess. The new trigger is more money IIRC than say a US floor plate and piston.

How about just getting one of the .308 SureFire mags (3 U.S. parts) for roughly the same money and then you only have to swap one part on the rifle.... :rolleyes:

Well, first of all I've already got the FBMG mags - been waiting for a while to come up with the money - also I had heard that they were very reliable and until recently - the only ones around. So they're what I have.

I guess I need to crap or get off the pot - I really should just do the full conversion - just getting cheap on the FCG. THe trigger does seem alittle cheap - although I've had no problems with it. THat's why the question about the stock, piston and the mag parts.

There was a guy on this board who was making floor plates available. But they seem somewhat easy to make.

Dude, you can get a Tapco G2 trigger for $34 and a US made Buttstock & PG from K-Var for $59. That's less than $100 total. Do yourself a favor and do the conversion.

Edited by layer
Dude, you can get a Tapco G2 trigger for $34 and a US made Buttstock & PG from K-Var for $59. That's less than $100 total. Do yourself a favor and do the conversion.

Yeah, that's the ticket - I had looked some prices up which came up to more than that - but I'll check ou the Tapco & K-var eq.

Thanks