First cleaning of an MP 153 and the friggin plastic cap off

So I get my first Baikal MP 153 home, and start to clean it and put it together to hand cycle it. I'm in my garage and I put the barrel on, and then try to fit the plastic handgard on, and the little black plastic cap that held the mag spring goes off into neverland. I never did find it. I did get the gun cleaned and just the gas cap back on. Can I shoot it, or do I need another cap part?????

worried and stupid.. :roll:

http://www.twinhairdryers.0catch.com/

I think your referencing the tube magazine spring cap. I bet it went a long way. It will shoot without it.

I wonder if EAA still has parts for it. Didn't Remington start importing these and renaming them? I looked on their web site and didn't see them?

Were did you get it?

post-4457-1201267167_thumb.jpg

post-4457-1201267193_thumb.jpg

I think your referencing the tube magazine spring cap. I bet it went a long way. It will shoot without it.

I wonder if EAA still has parts for it. Didn't Remington start importing these and renaming them? I looked on their web site and didn't see them?

Were did you get it?

Thanks guys. So, here is a summary of my Baikal MP 153 test run. Drove a couple miles off shore in the gulf of mexico with the 153 and 2 boxes of #8 light dove loads, 2 boxes of #4 magnum steel shot, three 5 round boxes of 3" magnum slugs, and 5 boxes of Wolf low brass slugs. I screwed the bare ass cap over the spring about 4 turns. I fired every single round of that mis match crap pile of ammo I had without mucking with the spring or cap or anything. Most rapid fire followups. Very little recoil, very fast action. One very happy Baikal newbie!!!

My first passion is a Saiga 12, but with a red dot on it, it ain't exactly a bird seeker. Russian steel rules.

Here is the Saiga, i'm going to keep this gun and run er into the dirt. It's a keeper. When I update my long gun page, the Baikal will go under the Saiga. Very nice. Rough, sharp angles, no pretty finish, bad translated manual. Just what I would expect out of a Russian workhorse. I already picked some light pipe options for sights to replace the front bead, and am looking for a mag extension. that's all she'll need cept some 40 weight motor oil :)

I did get the Saiga out with my polishing work tests of my last 3 AGP mags. Ran like butter. Expensive, but 10 round blasts of fun and fury..... Ah, Saiga!!!!!

oldandslow - I got off of gunbroker on an auction. new in the box. 320 bucks shipped. it beats the snot out of my 1100 and my other auto 12 bird guns. came with 4 screw in chokes and a wrench also. can't beat this price. 28 inch barrel. all it needs is some light pipes on the rib and it will shoot skeet and neighborhood cats just fine.

:)

:haha:

Were did you get it?

Thanks guys. So, here is a summary of my Baikal MP 153 test run. Drove a couple miles off shore in the gulf of mexico with the 153 and 2 boxes of #8 light dove loads, 2 boxes of #4 magnum steel shot, three 5 round boxes of 3" magnum slugs, and 5 boxes of Wolf low brass slugs. I screwed the bare ass cap over the spring about 4 turns. I fired every single round of that mis match crap pile of ammo I had without mucking with the spring or cap or anything. Most rapid fire followups. Very little recoil, very fast action. One very happy Baikal newbie!!!

My first passion is a Saiga 12, but with a red dot on it, it ain't exactly a bird seeker. Russian steel rules.

Here is the Saiga, i'm going to keep this gun and run er into the dirt. It's a keeper. When I update my long gun page, the Baikal will go under the Saiga. Very nice. Rough, sharp angles, no pretty finish, bad translated manual. Just what I would expect out of a Russian workhorse. I already picked some light pipe options for sights to replace the front bead, and am looking for a mag extension. that's all she'll need cept some 40 weight motor oil :)

I did get the Saiga out with my polishing work tests of my last 3 AGP mags. Ran like butter. Expensive, but 10 round blasts of fun and fury..... Ah, Saiga!!!!!

oldandslow - I got off of gunbroker on an auction. new in the box. 320 bucks shipped. it beats the snot out of my 1100 and my other auto 12 bird guns. came with 4 screw in chokes and a wrench also. can't beat this price. 28 inch barrel. all it needs is some light pipes on the rib and it will shoot skeet and neighborhood cats just fine.

:)

:haha:

Were did you get it?

http://www.twinhairdryers.0catch.com/

if I am not mistaken, that is the same model that I picked two up not too long ago for 189 and 169 each used... Both were excellent!!!

I agree... fast shooters, reliable, and stout!!

You should be able to buy another spring cap... shouldnt be only a few bucks... but keep looking, its GOTTA be there someplace! LOL

There is one thing I DO NOT like about them, though... on the underside of the receiver, up near where the shell insert feed area is... there is a TINY pin that is vertical in the receiver when the gun is in proper perspective... I had those pins try to drop out when shooting, and then it causes the push-button/cycle the action to not release the bolt when you push the button...

I just peened the tip of the pin slightly, and tapped it back in with a thin straight punch, and havent had a prob since... yours being new, probably wont have that issue for a good long time....

those shotties are no S12... but they do rock!! :up:

yes indeed... thats the one... :up: I just looked at my old post...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=17319

:smoke: