Well I've joined the club!

My x39 is on the way to my FFL and I'm on the net shopping for parts! If i'm using a non USA stock and the stock handguard, what am i going to need to do to abide by 922r? Will the trigger group and gas piston put me in the clear?

I'm trying to decide between a Romanian style side-folder (there seem to be several variations being sold as "Romanian" right now) and the '74-style triangular one.

And then there's the voice in my head saying to skip both and stick with a fixed stock for better cheek-weld with a scope.

I'm gonna grab the CAA pistol grip with the interchangeable grip surfaces.

Mags are coming from Cope's and then anywhere else i see them cheap.

Not sure about a scope though, guess I'm gonna have to do some more reading on that one.

Wheeee!

My x39 is on the way to my FFL and I'm on the net shopping for parts! If i'm using a non USA stock and the stock handguard, what am i going to need to do to abide by 922r? Will the trigger group and gas piston put me in the clear?

I'm trying to decide between a Romanian style side-folder (there seem to be several variations being sold as "Romanian" right now) and the '74-style triangular one.

And then there's the voice in my head saying to skip both and stick with a fixed stock for better cheek-weld with a scope.

Not sure about a scope though, guess I'm gonna have to do some more reading on that one.

Wheeee!

Wheeee!

Wheeee!

Throwing in a US made FCG and gas piston will get you down to 10 foreign made parts, which is all you need, but as soon as you slap on that CAA pistol-grip, you are back up to 11 foreign parts, because CAA is not US made. Stick with a US made PG.

Throwing in a US made FCG and gas piston will get you down to 10 foreign made parts, which is all you need, but as soon as you slap on that CAA pistol-grip, you are back up to 11 foreign parts, because CAA is not US made. Stick with a US made PG.

Well, I hate the Saw grip, what are my other options?

The old tried and true "Original" http://www.tapco.com/catalog.aspx?id=15

OriginalAK.bmp

After doing some reading, are Tapco and Armory the only two outfits offering US-made Pistol Grips? Shit's the word if that's the case.

If I'm right about that, I may have to build this one in the DM-ish setup i was thinking about with a fixed stock. What would I be looking at for options on a US made butt stock? I don't want the M4 style, so totaly fixed is what I'm looking for.

Edited by The King of Pants

After doing some reading, are Tapco and Armory the only two outfits offering US-made Pistol Grips? Shit's the word if that's the case.

If I'm right about that, I may have to build this one in the DM-ish setup i was thinking about with a fixed stock. What would I be looking at for options on a US made butt stock? I don't want the M4 style, so totaly fixed is what I'm looking for.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/ has some nice US made furniture.

ETA: Be sure to use the menu on the left to narrow it down to US made parts only.

Edited by 22_Shooter