Has anyone ever slapped a PSL front end on a S.308?

You could probably fit the handguards, but you'd have to fit them to the Saiga's gas tube since the tube on a PSL is much longer and the gas block is farther forward.

I really doubt that the mags are interchangeable for two reasons. First off, the 7.62x54R is a longer cartridge and second, that rim on it makes it a lot wider than a .308.

Wondering if a PSL kit could be used on a Saiga .308 receiver and front trunnion.

This idea crossed my mind earlier whilst surfing tej intarnats. :ph34r:

Do you just like the look or are you thinking you could get greater accuracy or maybe have a good supply of 7.62x45R ammo?

The S308 is equal to or greater than the PSL in accuracy potential but if you have an S308 and a long barreled,highly accurate front end is what you want then you could leave the PSL kit alone and buy a high quality 308 rifle barrel and turn it to fit the Saiga trunion and even have a custom gas block made so it remained full thickness to the muzzle(I'm already trying to find a good barrel blank for just this project) for the same money.

If you just like the PSL or Dragugunov "Look" it's easy to achieve without changing barrels,look up "Saiganov" and you will see some of the extremely cool rifles put together by our other members.

PS I am a spare parts whore so if you do press out your original Saiga Barrel I will give you top dollar for it so I'm calling "dibs" on any of the S308 parts you might want to get rid of!!

btw if you ended up with a 16in and really want a longer S308 barrel I have a full length S308 barrel I will trade you for your 16" as long as I get your old polymer forend with it(my buddy wants one).

Edited by SOPMOD