Any Worries with 1oz Slugs?

I notice Tromix recommends not shooting the "super light" 1 oz loads, only the 1-1/8 oz. Is the recoil heavier or something with 1oz? Never shot them. If no problem, check out Vances Shooter Supplies online. Seems like a good deal for Win Super X 1oz slugs, 2.75" for $1.99 a box. Sale ends tomorrow though. I bought a case today, so hope I can run them through the S-12!

I went to Vance Shooters Supplys website, Also Vance Outdoors website, and about 3 more related sites. I cannot find ANY ammo on there. Anywhere. Tried a search for slugs, got Zilch. Same for buckshot. Found a few accessories when I searched for 12 ga but thats it.

I am in the market for a few slugs. Can you give a link? Apparently I'm incapable of finding it on my own..........Thanks!

goto ammunition to go they have alot of 12ga ammo,fast shipping great service

The warnings on 1oz apply to light shot only. More pressure in a slug going down regardless of the weight than small birdshot particles. I look more at velocity, and stick to 1200fps or higher if you want no issues. High 1100's usually work ok also, but become patchy depending on the powders and wad designs.

I went to Vance Shooters Supplys website, Also Vance Outdoors website, and about 3 more related sites. I cannot find ANY ammo on there. Anywhere. Tried a search for slugs, got Zilch. Same for buckshot. Found a few accessories when I searched for 12 ga but thats it.

I am in the market for a few slugs. Can you give a link? Apparently I'm incapable of finding it on my own..........Thanks!

Too late now, sorry! I forgot about their lame website. You need to look on the left side for their sales flyer. It downloads as a PDF. They do one every month. You essentially have to call in your order. Usually have pretty good deals on lots of stuff, including guns. Looks like no shotgun ammo this month.

Edited by Rustynuts