Thats the shotforce unit. I believe that image is photoshopped. There are other existing photos of this item where the slots are not going all the way through. There is also word that the unit is plastic. There are older threads that bring this up if you wish to take a look.

Edited by Cesiumsponge

FROM ATI WEBSITE:

-----

Step # 1 Remove bead sight. Slide the Muzzle Mount over the end of the barrel until both ends are flush.

CAUTION: No part of the Muzzle Mount should stick out past the end of the barrel. To do so may result in injury to the shooter or bystanders and cause the Muzzle Mount to be damaged while firing.

Step # 2 Place nut on the side of the Muzzle Mount with the relief cut. Slide the screw through the clamp. Tighten securely.

Step # 3 Smaller gauge shotguns may need slight modification to the Muzzle Mount to ensure a tight fit. If the insides of the clamp are touching, you will need to remove a small amount of material from this area.

Step # 4 The Muzzle Mount must be fitted tightly to withstand the forces of recoil. Periodically check to make sure that the mount has not moved forward on the muzzle after shooting, which could result in damage to the Muzzle Mount or injury to the shooter or bystanders.

--------

This hider is just for show. It might be cool but it is just something that you keep from going beyond the end of the muzzle so that you don't get hurt. It would make your barrel appear even shorter. That might be cool looking. It would be worth a try since it is so cheap.

Heres a closeup shot of the one I made. Its made out of 4140 preheat treat and is coated with moly resin. Its about 2.125 long and attatches using two 8-32 set screws. I havnt had a chance to try it out yet but will saturday. This is just a test peice. My next one will be nicer. I had some trouble machinining the slots in and think I know a better way. Im going to increase the slot size next time around and change the profile a little. It is based off of an A2 AR15 flashhider and should function. Id like to eventually shorten my barrel and permanently attatch it to bring it to the 18". Ive heard to do so you would have to completely remove the barrel from the receiver since you would be cutting it under 16" and then permanently attatch the FH and then re-assemble.

221340.jpg

221341.jpg

that's a nice looking project! you should make a threaded one that will screw onto the choke threads!

The problem with that is I dont have access to a saiga with a poly choke. Id have to have thread size and pitch as well as other dimensions to pull it off. Not only that but it would be more time consuming to make which would be more expensive.

I need to test it out and make sure I have enough clearence at the opening and that the setscrews are a sound way to attatch it. Once I do this I will make some more with a better design.

The Prodiz sight you are talking about does not have them in stock. They say they are not sure when they will get more. Oleg at rusmilitary.com in England contacted both IZH. and Prodiz to obtain an elevated front sight with flare supp.

He was told by the factory that this was a special order item for a supplier of milt. and law enforcment in russia. Apparently prodiz got hold of some of these and were selling them at one time!!!! I have family in Moscow and other cities in Russia trying to get this item for me and they havn't seen one yet. I have a large order in with evryone if... they find them.

Great News though!!!!!!!!!

Elevated front sights are "now" in stock at rusmilitary.com !!!!!!!!!!!

8rd. mags ect....

I'm currently waiting for saiga-20 wood furn. for my field gun that my friends in russia are sending over.

By the way 8 rd. mags are $46.00 in Russia. With there being only one manf. , on the other side of the world, in a country like Russia. The prices we are paying are not that bad. Remember they don't make these in the hundred thousands! The milt. does't order them really. This is a specialty item for them

We get what they want to make at whatever price we can! :dollar:

Well I was able to test mine out this weekend. Fired about 20 shells of 2 3/4 7shot and no problems. No shot came into contact with the ID of the FH and it did not loosen after shooting. I only gave about .0005 of an inch clearence between the barrel and ID of the FH so that it would fit nice and snug. The set screws seemed to bottom out nicely and I could not feel any barrel deformation when I snugged down on them.

ID like to make another one this time with feedback from you guys. Id like to increase the slot width and add more angle to its chamfer. I'll leave the 12 o'clock slot out this time as hardcorps1775 recommended. I'll also try to improve the overall look of it.

better images:

222156.jpg

222152.jpg

222153.jpg

222155.jpg