30-round mag recommendations?

All the mag threads Ive seen revolve around installing the bullet guide, not installing the bullet guide and using master mags, etc... Havent seen any convos on which mags to get if you do install the bullet guide? Whatever is cheap? Saw aimsurplus selling romanian steel mags for $10(thought they'd be cheaper). I see CopesDist sells pro-mag 30 round clear mags for $15. Any recommendations?

If your Saiga is converted it should have a bullet guide installed. If not, install one if you want to use mags other than the factory mag. With the bullet guide installed it should work regardless of what mag you use. Just make sure you get the right one from Dinzag. http://www.dinzagarms.com Personally, I don't like the 30 round mags as they seem cumbersome and somewhat clumsy. I like the Hungarian 20 round mags that you can get here: http://www.akparts.com/ They are all steel and very well made.

They have the 30 round mags also. Good outfit do purchase from.

Edited by MacMan
All the mag threads Ive seen revolve around installing the bullet guide, not installing the bullet guide and using master mags, etc... Havent seen any convos on which mags to get if you do install the bullet guide? Whatever is cheap? Saw aimsurplus selling romanian steel mags for $10(thought they'd be cheaper). I see CopesDist sells pro-mag 30 round clear mags for $15. Any recommendations?

Any steel mags are good and will work. I've heard bad things about the Pro-Mags, plus, their more expensive.

Any steel mags are good and will work. I've heard bad things about the Pro-Mags, plus, their more expensive.

Thanks I'll be sure to stay away from them. The only appeal was that they have clear waffles. So just a bling thing...

Know of any cheaper places than aimsurplus to get steel mags?

Thanks I'll be sure to stay away from them. The only appeal was that they have clear waffles. So just a bling thing...

Know of any cheaper places than aimsurplus to get steel mags?

Can't help ya there, I'm limited to ordering from places that are willing to ship pre-bans to NY, which is not many :cryss: .