Gas Tube Removal

Why? On my S-12 I just take the adjustment plug out and push the 12ga. brush thru-poke gas holes- done cleaning. It dosen't look like any other handguards wil fit , unless someone brings the nice Russian wood to America.

G O B

Why? On my S-12 I just take the adjustment plug out and push the 12ga. brush thru-poke gas holes- done cleaning. It dosen't look like any other handguards wil fit , unless someone brings the nice Russian wood to America.

G O B

Yes you have to knock out the barrel pin and bang the barrel out. Its just pushed up against the gas block. I just had mine COMPLETLY apart. You can try knocking out the pins on the gas block and driving it foward but its hard to get a clean whack at it. Much easier after the barrel is out. It is pretty tight but it will come off.

You dont even have to take the barrel all the way out, just move it enough to relive tension on the gas tube. I wish I woulda took a pic while I was doing it.

Very interested in what you are trying to do also keep us updated.

JBONE

I used a regular punch for the barrel pin, they came out rather easily. Then I used a brass rod and carefuly whacked out the barrel. I would have pressed it out but I couldnt figure out how to get it in my press at the right angle. The brass is soft and it wont hurt the chamber area, just dont miss and whack the reciever. Once the barrel starts to move, the gas tube will just fall off, you will see.

Let me know i you run into a jam

JBONE

• 4 weeks later...