BHO lever

Just finished a Saiga 12 conversion Sunday. I couldn't have done it without all the helpful threads on this forum. There's a wealth of info here. I do have a question though. I installed the BHO lever but can't put the safety in. The lever is in the way. Do I need to trim the sleeve in the trigger group to get the lever to drop a little more?

Also, can I bend the safety lever out away from the weapon to make it move more freely? It seems like it's too tight, especially when I may need to use it quickly.

A few notes:

I had to grind the top of the shepherd's hook where the safety goes thru it so the bolt wouldn't hang up on it.

I also had to oversize the hole where the safety goes thru it.

I had to grind the hammer hump and the right side of the hammer to get the BHO lever in.

I welded the trigger guard in place.

I saved the original safety stop by using a dremel and cutting off the plate right past the rivet.

Ain't it sweet.

If you use the Shepard's plate, you can't ...

Actually, I took my handy Dremel and cut the BHO to allow the safety to slide past. (Push the BHO up, use marking pen to blacken the material to be cut. Remove the BHO and cut.)

Or throw the Shepard's plate in your "parts bought but couldn't use, or othewise screwed up" bin, and use clips to hold the trigger and hammer pins. (E-clips, C-clips or, hair-pin clips)

Ain't it sweet.

If you use the Shepard's plate, you can't ...

Actually, I took my handy Dremel and cut the BHO to allow the safety to slide past. (Push the BHO up, use marking pen to blacken the material to be cut. Remove the BHO and cut.)

Or throw the Shepard's plate in your "parts bought but couldn't use, or othewise screwed up" bin, and use clips to hold the trigger and hammer pins. (E-clips, C-clips or, hair-pin clips)

I learn something new everyday on this forum. Do you have a pic or sketch of what needs to be cut?

Maybe take a pic and post it, if possible.

Thanx,

Nico

I did cut some clearance on my BHO to clear the sleeve on the trigger pin, as ti didn't go all the way down, and filed down the safety tab to get it to clear both the BHO and the back of the disconnector. Now it just has a skinny tab that reaches down to the back of the trigger and blocks it. FYI, it had to be welded up longer anyway, as the trigger had so much slop in safe that it would almost fire. The Saiga rifle I converted was the same way.

slip the spring off the tab of the BHO and rotate it up out of the way. Put your safety on. Put the BHO back down. Grab the end of the spring with needle nose pliers and slip it back onto the tab.

I did this today and it works fine. Didn't have to trim anything. Really appreciate the help. Damn, now I want to do another conversion.