How do you feel about your surefire mags?

I was prepared with trembling hands to order two 20 round Surefire polymer mags for my X39 at 40.00 bucks a pop. I got on the forum and found a member talking about the rear tang breaking off of his and how disappointed he was. So I take it that there is no metal reinforcment in that area? How do the rest of you feel about these mags?

I was prepared with trembling hands to order two 20 round Surefire polymer mags for my X39 at 40.00 bucks a pop. I got on the forum and found a member talking about the rear tang breaking off of his and how disappointed he was. So I take it that there is no metal reinforcment in that area? How do the rest of you feel about these mags?

Russian American Armory Company had the Surefire magazines (3,5,10) in their booth at the Shot Show. They carry the 3, 5, and 10 round magazines in all rifle calibers in their inventory for their distributors. The 3,5 rounders in the .223 have never been available. The 3,5, and 10 rounders in the 308 are new to the market also. I don't think RAAC would carry the magazines if they did not think they were quality products. Just my point of view.

I dont use them, I have seen them and try one, I use surplus mags all the time

I guess for the for the range and home and stuff like that are ok, but not military

specs, no metal inserts on them that means dont try to push them like a

military mag, I have use Bulgarian syn and metal mags, have bullet guides

on all my guns. Prices of surplus mags are cheaper, even the fubar mags

works on the 7.62x39 on my guns, but each its on.

Hello

I took my Saiga to the range for the first time today and thhe Surefire magazines worked fine. I woulld think that under normal home/range use they will be fine. I the big sand box with my life depending on the outcome I would use metal.

I've got the Surefires in .223 and X39 and never had a single problem with any of them.I got them because they were talked up to be ready to go without any mods out of the bag and they did just that and function perfectly in warm and cold weather.

I will add somthing else though, if down the line you decidd to get a tactical mag release the Surefir's LRBHO will prevent it from falling cleanly out. I was thinking of making modification to one of mine but am not sure how this will effect the mags preformance, any thoughts???