Nice work, brother.

It seems simple enough but I just didnt appreciate the talent it takes to make a really professional looking item until I tried (emphasis on 'tried') to do it myself.

$$ on the way to you. BTW: i originally wanted moly resin and set screw. Buuutttt...

If you are loaning out the threading die and die guide, then please loan it out to me and make my order for one threaded, and one setscrew. (both still moly resin, please)

C-

No problem but bare in mind Im sending the die and guide to the first person who's mail I get. Shipping charges for sending the tools to the first person in line will come out of my pocket. Then when he ships it to the next person the shipping will come out of his pocket and so on and so forth till it works its way back to me. I will determine the order of people who get it next based on when I get your mail and post the order. If I get two at one time I will flip a coin or something.

I ask that you respect the other person thats waiting on the tools and start working on it the same day you get it. I also ask that if you should break the die that you replace it. I hope that we are all civilized and honest gun owners and that this crude system will work.

If you ordered a threaded FH and need the tools but dont agree to these terms please let me know.

So, keep all of this in mind when you e-mail me as the set-screw version has its advantages :devil:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I ask that you respect the other person thats waiting on the tools and start working on it the same day you get it. I also ask that if you should break the die that you replace it. I hope that we are all civilized and honest gun owners and that this crude system will work"

Deal.

I saved the link to th replacements as a 'favorites' and as long as the next guy in line is made known to me with a shippping address, I totally agree to these terms!

C-

I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news: The FH seemed to work. We tested it against an 870 shooting the same loads. Same barrel length too. The 870 would shoot a pretty good flame out of the barrel about a foot long. With the saiga you could see some flame but it didnt really go past the muzzle. It seemed to contain and disperse it.

Bad news: I stripped my saiga down, shorted and added the FH while putting four 1/4" long tac welds equidistant from each other to permenantly attatch the FH for a combined length of 18.5". I found that after I did this 2-3/4 game loads did not want to eject on any gas setting. So today I took it back apart, removed gas block and opened up the ports about .007" each. There are 3 ports and they are drilled at an angle to the barrel. Pretty somple once you get the gas block off but thats the hard part.

The gas block is held in place with two pins. One on top on on the bottom. Bottom one came out easy but the top one did not. I ended up heating the gas block to about 600 degrees F and then was able to knock the pin out. If I get some spare time(HAHAHAHA YEA RIGHT!) I'll go out and see if this fixed it.

On the other hand, 2-3/4 slugs cylced fine as well as 3" 00 buckshot.

will I have a similar issue if i install it without shortening the 22-in barrel?

I would love to shorten it to an OAL of 20" with flash hider, but i just dont want to risk not being able thread it because the diameter changed or something. And I sure dont want cycling problems either!

Happy Thanksgiving!

C-

will I have a similar issue if i install it without shortening the 22-in barrel?

I would love to shorten it to an OAL of 20" with flash hider, but i just dont want to risk not being able thread it because the diameter changed or something. And I sure dont want cycling problems either!

Happy Thanksgiving!

C-

No, you shouldnt have any issues.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

I'm really looking forward to getting my flash suppressors. I do have a question for johnnymceldoo...

Is there one standard die fixure or do you need to know whether or not the barrel will be threaded at 22" or 18.5"?

The reason I ask is that there is a slight taper... does it even matter?

I'm really looking forward to getting my flash suppressors. I do have a question for johnnymceldoo...

Is there one standard die fixure or do you need to know whether or not the barrel will be threaded at 22" or 18.5"?

The reason I ask is that there is a slight taper... does it even matter?

I didint notice any significant taper. I only notced about .002 of taper. Thats less than the thickenss of the average human hair. I dont know about other saigas though. Only time will tell as people get their FS's and only then will we be able to work out any bugs.

I would love to shorten it to an OAL of 20" with flash hider, but i just dont want to risk not being able thread it because the diameter changed or something.  And I sure dont want cycling problems either!

Happy Thanksgiving!

C-

Thanks. What length is the minimum I could cut back and NOT have any cycling issues? 20"??

C-

I would love to shorten it to an OAL of 20" with flash hider, but i just dont want to risk not being able thread it because the diameter changed or something.  And I sure dont want cycling problems either!

Happy Thanksgiving!

C-

Thanks. What length is the minimum I could cut back and NOT have any cycling issues? 20"??

C-

Mine was 19" and it ran good. Id get an occasional FTE as it would get stuck on its way out and with only light target loads. So based on this Id say stay in the 19" realm but keep in mind you may run into problems. Nothing is for certain IMO.

I didnt have any luck today with my saiga after opening up the ports .008. It still short cycled everytime. Im going to open it up some more when I get the time.