Both UF's are Yugo's. The S-.410 I cut the rear of the reciever and drilled all the holes to use the Yugo rear trunnion and UF parts. The X-39 UF was built (as was the Romy G) on a Nodak Spud reciever. The UF reciever was ALLMOST right for the UF, but as the front trunnion was Not Yugo, the reciever needed to be trimed and some of the holes either elongated or drilled.

• 3 years later...

And this, I like the East German PG best with the wood.

post-526-0-58468400-1333914571_thumb.jpg

I was cleaning up the wood shop, and got to thinking about an upcoming Romy UF build. Can anything be done with the 'dong' stock? Well.... I had the forward facing dong off of the rusty Romy - so I came up with this:

post-526-0-17244700-1333914830_thumb.jpg

The re-profile was done with a bench sander and a piece of 50 grit wrapped around a bamboo stick. Lightly hand finished with 250 grit. The color is MinWax red mahogany oil stain. The finish is BLO?parafin wax, applied hot to heated wood, and hand rubbed.

Another look at the wood.

post-526-0-79836500-1333915165_thumb.jpg

And

post-526-0-57463300-1333915218_thumb.jpg

Edit to add: I got some painting to do!

Edited by G O B

Camera problems. Something called "flicker" has hijacked my camera downloads and will not let me use the pix. Whenever I can get this fixed I got some pix to share.

Use Picassa instead. It is free, near enough to unlimited, and they don't break links after a few views. Also I really like the free software you can download from them to organize the photos on your computer/ sync them with your web account.