Hi there, first post.

Looking to buy a Saiga in 7.62. I live in Eastern New York not far north of Westchester County. Need a companion for my 12 gauge, something a bit better suited to medium range.

Local dealer doesn't have one in stock but says he can get them. He didn't look it up but said it should be around $360 which strikes me as a bit rich for this particular weapon.

Any suggestions for particular shops? Address and/or website would be helpful. Or should I just pay my local guy? (I do like having him nearby for when I need something...) I don't mind a drive

The last option is to order online and ship through my local dealer, but I have a feeling that the transfer fee is variable and will make his profit margin one way or another...

collector rifle and ammo is in southern dutchess county, and is who I dealt with for 20 years. Be prepared when ya go in there the first time, as your wallet will try to run out of the store on you.

take the taconic north to 82, take 82 west (NOT 84), he is up a couple miles on the right hand side.

845 227 4100

check the rack next to the door, he usually keeps AKM on the side away from you as you walk in.

hes not open on sundays

oh, he is cheaper than or as cheap as anywhere on the internet, and always has been.

Let me know if you are a serious trout fishermen. Ill send you 30 mins north of there to my former backyard, and world class trout water

Edited by Bvamp

Nice shop Bvamp, and not too long a drive, thanks!

No Saigas in stock. They did have some AKs though, WASR-10 that were reasonably priced. Might "pull the trigger" on one of those, for my purposes it would do fine and actually save me money I bet (no need to change the stock).

Opinions?

collector rifle and ammo is in southern dutchess county, and is who I dealt with for 20 years. Be prepared when ya go in there the first time, as your wallet will try to run out of the store on you.

take the taconic north to 82, take 82 west (NOT 84), he is up a couple miles on the right hand side.

845 227 4100

check the rack next to the door, he usually keeps AKM on the side away from you as you walk in.

hes not open on sundays

oh, he is cheaper than or as cheap as anywhere on the internet, and always has been.

Let me know if you are a serious trout fishermen. Ill send you 30 mins north of there to my former backyard, and world class trout water

I didn't catch names, but there was a guy working in there, big fella with I think reddish hair and a goatee? Was packing at least two sidearms. Overheard his conversation with another customer and he generally seemed like good people.

not as good as a saiga.....ask charlie or scott to order you what you want. If there is one in the US, they can get it.

that shop is one of the things I already miss in NY....

I didn't catch names, but there was a guy working in there, big fella with I think reddish hair and a goatee? Was packing at least two sidearms. Overheard his conversation with another customer and he generally seemed like good people.

not as good as a saiga.....ask charlie or scott to order you what you want. If there is one in the US, they can get it.

sounds like the son.

they have a NY attitude, but when you cut the shit and talk business, they all there are right with you.....no b.s.

The gun in my avatar was sold through them to a collector.......only because they were the people that shot straight, when noone else did....

Theres the place to go. let me know what his prices are, will ya? ammo as well....I use them as a guage on actual worth of the stuff......

...Charlie is cheaper......

Well the WASR-10 was $379 or $389. SKSs varied from $259 to $279 or so. They had a neat Ruger .44 mag semi-auto carbine for $500 (however I'd rather have a pistol in rifle caliber, than a rifle in pistol caliber). A couple Hi-Point 9mm carbines for around $180 IIRC. Bunch of old milsurp bolt stuff from around $100 to $200+ (I'm not against the idea of buying a Mosin-Nagant now and ordering a Saiga, actually... )

As far as ammo goes, I didn't look too close at the rifle stuff but I bought two boxes of Aguila Mini-shells (20 rounds each) for $10 a box (cheaper than I've ever seen them online), plus 4 boxes of Brenekke KO slugs for a little over $12.

Theres the place to go. let me know what his prices are, will ya? ammo as well....I use them as a guage on actual worth of the stuff......

the cool part about that place is that you have to literally look in every nook and cranny in the shop, including the ceiling. He told me that his warehouse and basement are jam packed as well.

Like I said, have him get you a saiga, he will be the cheapest place to go....

p.s. - did you even make it past the first rack and front wall or what LOL

I was in there again today (yep, they have limited Sunday hours now).

One of the WASR-10's has better wood, the other has straighter sights. Both priced the same. Also had a short stack of Yugo SKS rifles, prices between $259 and $279, all complete with 'nade launchers and nice looking bayonets. The wood on these is disturbingly sticky :-0

I asked about Saigas in 7.62x39, they said they recently sold their last one but could probably order one. They said I should call on Tuesday to ask about price and availability, figured it would be about $280 which sounds more than reasonable.

As much as I like the SKS I just can't make myself buy one if I think I can get a Saiga for the same price... also can't spend $90-$100 more for a WASR which might be ok but I generally consider inferior.

I'll post up with whatever I end up with. If I buy a $280 rifle, I'll probably end up with a milsurp bolt gun as well (so cheap, why not?)

And regarding the ps, I looked at most everything in the shop. Love all kinds of firearms and they have a metric crapton of them! Stocked up on a few boxes of buckshot for my 12 gauge, just to make the trip worth my while :) Checked on .17 HMR ammo although I don't need any right now, they're like $5 cheaper for 50 rounds than I paid at Dick's!

the cool part about that place is that you have to literally look in every nook and cranny in the shop, including the ceiling. He told me that his warehouse and basement are jam packed as well.

Like I said, have him get you a saiga, he will be the cheapest place to go....

p.s. - did you even make it past the first rack and front wall or what LOL

no problem man. I honestly miss doing business with those guys. Im getting raped down here, pricewise.

you think they have a crapton of shit in the shop, you should see the look on his face if he has anything in the back he wants to sell that isnt on the rack. LOL Charlie has enough stuff there to arm a 3rd world country, AND the ammo for them to fight it out for years, to boot! :)

By the way, he also has very rare ammo if you know anyone that needs it. I have asked him for stuff that I have not been able to find across the entire internet, and he just thinks for a second, and says "yeh right here", turns around and pulls a box you didnt see off the shelf behind him just like that.

dont bother buying anything that you cant get there, is my advice.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there, first post.

Looking to buy a Saiga in 7.62. I live in Eastern New York not far north of Westchester County. Need a companion for my 12 gauge, something a bit better suited to medium range.

Local dealer doesn't have one in stock but says he can get them. He didn't look it up but said it should be around $360 which strikes me as a bit rich for this particular weapon.

Any suggestions for particular shops? Address and/or website would be helpful. Or should I just pay my local guy? (I do like having him nearby for when I need something...) I don't mind a drive

The last option is to order online and ship through my local dealer, but I have a feeling that the transfer fee is variable and will make his profit margin one way or another...

When I lived down in Nassau County I went to a guy on the South Shore at T&T Gunnery. Right off Rt135 the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway on Merrick Road/Ave? Marty was his name, nice guy. That is where I got my saiga. It was in the 280 range IIRC.

Hi there, first post.

When I lived down in Nassau County I went to a guy on the South Shore at T&T Gunnery. Right off Rt135 the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway on Merrick Road/Ave? Marty was his name, nice guy. That is where I got my saiga. It was in the 280 range IIRC.

I bought a Mosin off him at the gun show in Freeport about a month ago. Very nice guy.

I know that TNT shop and marty. that guy is a fat lazy crook who wouldn't know a lump of shit if it fell outa his asshole. was in there last saturday, saiga 7.62x39 selling for $345 + tax, m-44's going for $170 yugo sks for $300. yugo m-70 fixed stock $670. this is the same guy telling me that all yugos have chrome lined barals and no more saigas will ever be inported again. Now most of the other people in there are good but marty is a jabba the hut look alike... sorry, that guy really gets to me :ded:

How far is DD's Ranch from you? Evidently they are in NY too, Alden, but I don't know where they are specifically in relation to where you are. www.ddsranch.com is where I got mine, $250, shipped by mail order and it was a great experience! 2 thumbs up for them!

Paul

Edited by PonchoTA

i know your not remotely close to my area of NY, but if your ever up in Buffalo, NY the buffalo gun center has "crates" full of Saiga's for sale for around 250... and in NY im told that's a decent price. just my western new yorker .02 cents.

Edited by The-Beast