FYI for out of staters that might attend this shoot.

In NJ semi-auto shotguns with pistol grips and mags that hold more than 5 rounds are strictly verboten! (Illegal)

You can use a stock saiga with the stock mags and that's it. I don't even dare put a skeleton stock on my s-12 because the language only states that a "conspicuous grip underneath the receiver" makes it an assault weapon.

I know most of you out there would rather pull off your own pubes than travel through NJ (much less with a firearm) but there might be one or two out there that are thinking of attending. I'd hate to see anyone on this board run afoul of the NJ gun laws.

topmaul I didn't mean to hijack this thread but I felt the warning needed to be out there.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm from NJ and just put money down on a .308 carbine with a skeleton stock. I was told if it comes from the factory like that it's legal. If you switch stocks and put one on it's " NOT".

You were misinformed. A skeleton stock is perfectly legal in NJ whether it comes from the factory or not. The state does not consider a thumb hole stock to be a pistol grip. Besides, even with a pistol grip aside from the 922R thing the gun would be legal in NJ. You can have a pistol grip and detachable magazine but no other "Evil" features. The nice thing about NJ and I use the term very loosely, is that if you're using a thumb hole stock you can add one other evil feature.