What exactly does it take?

There are two options.

One option is as easy as removing your factory buttstock and replacing it with Aces external block. At that point you can add any ACE stock or accessory.

The second option is to cut the tang from the rear block and use the Ace internal block.

What exactly does it take.....to add the ace folding stock with their reciever block. Or is there a better option for a folding stock?

But once you cut off the tang....what do you do with the internal reciever block

It is inserted into the rear of the receiver and bolts to the remaining tang screw hole. It is held in place at the bottom of the receiver by the pistol grip nut

Edited by nalioth

I've seen several AK buttstocks that state they must be used with either milled or stamped receivers--if one uses the ACE internal receiver block, does that limit the choice of buttstocks to one or the other, or can both milled and stamped receiver buttstocks work?

I've seen several AK buttstocks that state they must be used with either milled or stamped receivers--if one uses the ACE internal receiver block, does that limit the choice of buttstocks to one or the other, or can both milled and stamped receiver buttstocks work?

Once you install your ACE receiver block on your milled or stamped AK, any stock or accessory that attaches to it can be used.

They make receiver blocks for both types of receiver.

Once you install your ACE receiver block on your milled or stamped AK, any stock or accessory that attaches to it can be used.

They make receiver blocks for both types of receiver.

I only see one type of internal receiver block on the ACE website, and I don't see that it specifies anywhere whether it is for milled or stamped receivers. I have read elsewhere on this forum that people have used this on their Saigas, which is what I would like to do. I'm not sure what the difference is between a milled or a stamped receiver, nor which one the Saiga 7.62x39 is considered to be.

I only see one type of internal receiver block on the ACE website, and I don't see that it specifies anywhere whether it is for milled or stamped receivers. I have read elsewhere on this forum that people have used this on their Saigas, which is what I would like to do. I'm not sure what the difference is between a milled or a stamped receiver, nor which one the Saiga 7.62x39 is considered to be.

You should probably take some time to read the Tech Section here. It is full of good information like this.

All saigas have stamped receivers.