PSO Scope with slide rail on Saiga/Ak-47 Rifles

I have had the Saiga 7.62x39 Rifle now for a few years and it performs great.

I bought the PSO 4x24 Scope with the slide rail and and it fits fine, but to use the scope when shooting, and you place the rifle beside your right cheek, you have to use your left eye (which works fine) for sighting because of the height/angle of the scope, but seems a little awkward since normally you would use your right eye with a scope. It you want to use your right eye you can not place the rifle next to your cheek.

Those that have the slide rail will know what I mean and my QUESTION is, I was wondering if this was designed that way to use your left eye with the scope and then the fix sight with your right eye?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I think the idea with the POSP scope is to not have to cheek the gun at all. I know that with mine it comes very naturally. I pick the thing up, shoulder it, and without leaning my head at all I'm looking straight through the scope with my target in sight.

I think the idea with the POSP scope is to not have to cheek the gun at all. I know that with mine it comes very naturally. I pick the thing up, shoulder it, and without leaning my head at all I'm looking straight through the scope with my target in sight.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you on that.

• 3 months later...

i am left eye dominant so would this work perfect for me? with hand guns i shoot better with left eye but and right handed. it feels better to hold my saiga right hand but would i get better accuracy using my left eye, left hand. also you stated that you can see your sights is your a high rail?

I'm not sure where you got the part about seeing through the sights with the scope on, but yes you can just about see through them when it's set down low to 100m. Any higher than that and I think you're SOL. As far as shooting left eyed with a POSP scope goes, I don't see the problem with that. You're just gonna have to cheek the gun. That's not how the scope was designed to be used, but it's your scope and you can do as you please with it.

Yep the POSP scopes feels a tad strange at first,

there should be no cheek rest like we in the west have used for years with optical sites ( your head needs to rise about an inch with the POSP set up )

The scope should have came with an eye relief/sun deflector ( a rubber tube that slides on the scope )

shoulder the weapon, set the eye piece, and fire. the objective of the optics is to be fast on target with little change of head position over the use of iron sites. I hope that made some sense LOL dam beer.

Give it time the POSP has a real use .... it's just takes time to get the feel for it.

POSP
POSP
POSP POSP POSP

I'm not trying to nitpick here but the original post mentioned PSO, not POSP.

I just assumed he had made a mistake seeing as the PSO scope usually has a SVD mount. For someone who's new to the game (only 1 post at the time) it might be easy to confuse POSP and PSO, especially if you don't even know how to use one.

POSP
POSP
POSP POSP POSP

I just assumed he had made a mistake seeing as the PSO scope usually has a SVD mount. For someone who's new to the game (only 1 post at the time) it might be easy to confuse POSP and PSO, especially if you don't even know how to use one.

Yeah but he said it's a 4x24, and the POSP is adjustable 4-10x if memory serves.

POSP
POSP
POSP POSP POSP

Yeah but he said it's a 4x24, and the POSP is adjustable 4-10x if memory serves.

You're right. But quite honestly it doesn't matter because this guy made 2 posts and split anyway. He'll find out soon enough that he's looking for the wrong scope for his gun.