conversion idea, is this legal?

hello,

ive been reading some conflicting responses, and could use some clarification before i start buying the parts. i recently ordered the saiga-12 and id like to change the following parts to these us made parts. g2 fcg, saw pistol grip, & ace folding stock. i was planning on using the 5rd mags, until the 8rounders got a little cheaper. would this be legal to own/use in this configuration?thank you very much.

hello,

Ive been reading ..... and could use some clarification before i start buying the parts. .....would this be legal to own/use in this configuration?

in most states , yes .

unless your in calf. ,NY , or new jersey, then NO

their maybe other states laws that you need to find out about. what state are you living in?

ok..mp2, i know its you...first of all thanks for showing me that video on s12, now im hooked!!!!i was on this forum last night, throughout the whole shift!!!im getting one too, and i think r.g. is getting one also..i bought the remaining stock of 8rd mags (6) from rusmil.com, ...bought the mags, dont even have the gun yet :eek:

to the rest of the crew on this forum, thanks for the saiga ADDICTION!!!!...the info here is great and i would like to say thanks to all those who contribute!!!

ok, now gonna go get me a s-12....hey mp2, what parts have you order yet, what ever you get let me know, gonna have to double up on that order!!!! or maybe triple if r.g. gets one too...

see ya at work...and take some reading!!!!, get off the saiga-12 forum!!!! :killer::killer::killer::killer::killer:

In the peoples republic of California can I own a Saiga? I'm quite sure that eight rounders are out of the question but what about other modifications like a pistol grip? I may be getting orders to California and I would like to stay out of Jail or lose my SAIGA. :cryss:

I think that ALL ak style guns are illegal in CA now.

That's almost true. A court has stated that they have to be banned by name. Every production gun is banned by name. Your only opportunity is to get an AK is to make it Saiga style on your own receiver, which presumably hasn't been named by any law. I've had a fellow buy some Saiga take-off parts from me for that purpose.

I'm not sure at all about shotguns in CA.

Does any one know where I can find out exactly what is Okay and what is not in California. The thing is if they have banned "assult RIFLES" Shot guns may not be covered. I'm doing my best to avoid transfering to California.

thanks everyone for the replies,

turbo, i ordered the stock parts from ace ltd. www.aceltdusa.com thats the place i showed you yesterday. the other parts from blackjackbuffers.com check that place out too, the trigger control groups were on backorder (first week in dec.). let me know what you want and we can probably have it shipped in the same box. they had the best shipping prices considering we are in hawaii. glad we dont live in cali or those other messed up states. just wish they would lift the ban on hi cap pistol mags here. (fat chance of that).

hey top maul,

check this site for cali laws....there are a lot of them.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=californi...Laws.aspx?ST=CA