I just figured I'd throw it out there. I've been looking for a Carcano rifle for a while now. Produced in the 1930's would be really good. If anybody has one, or a friend with one, hit me up.

You want to take three shots from a book depository building?

Give these guys a call, if you don't mind ordering out of state, they get them in all the time. They're pretty cool over there as well.

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/bytownresults.asp?ID=4203

I gotta say though, from the examples I have seen over the years, these guns range from pretty nice to really crappy, to really really crappy. I would want to hold one in my hands before I shelled out any dough for one.

Good luck.

I just figured I'd throw it out there. I've been looking for a Carcano rifle for a while now. Produced in the 1930's would be really good. If anybody has one, or a friend with one, hit me up.

My Great Grand father served in the Italian military either in the end of WWI or the beginning of WWII. It's just one of those thing where as I get older I like to have things of meaning. My father collected guns for years but nothing of any real importance. I'm gonna look through some old letters at my Grandmothers house this weekend and try to find out exactly when he served. Based on those dates I'd like to get a rifle from either that year, or year before. I know there is greater than 99.9% chance of me not getting his actual service rifle but it's still a cool idea. I'd like to show my gun collection to my kids, or grand kids one day and be able to tell them something about my collection. I like the idea of being able to tell future generations of my family that this is the kind of gun that my great grandfather used to protect his life with way back when as opposed to, this is a shot gun, this is another shot gun, this is just some other run of the mill gun of no real importance or relevance(my fathers stuff).

Give these guys a call, if you don't mind ordering out of state, they get them in all the time. They're pretty cool over there as well.

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/bytownresults.asp?ID=4203

I gotta say though, from the examples I have seen over the years, these guns range from pretty nice to really crappy, to really really crappy. I would want to hold one in my hands before I shelled out any dough for one.

Good luck.

Once I get my dates in order I'll give them a call and see what they have. CT is close enough to me that I wouldn't mind driving to see and hold the gun rather than just having it shipped to me.

My Great Grand father served in the Italian military either in the end of WWI or the beginning of WWII. It's just one of those thing where as I get older I like to have things of meaning. My father collected guns for years but nothing of any real importance. I'm gonna look through some old letters at my Grandmothers house this weekend and try to find out exactly when he served. Based on those dates I'd like to get a rifle from either that year, or year before. I know there is greater than 99.9% chance of me not getting his actual service rifle but it's still a cool idea. I'd like to show my gun collection to my kids, or grand kids one day and be able to tell them something about my collection. I like the idea of being able to tell future generations of my family that this is the kind of gun that my great grandfather used to protect his life with way back when as opposed to, this is a shot gun, this is another shot gun, this is just some other run of the mill gun of no real importance or relevance(my fathers stuff).

Oh, sorry about the JFK joke.