Safety Lever hold open notch

Hello

What is the deal with the safety lever & the hold open notch?

I under the the reason behind having one but how does it work?

Does the charging handle lock into the notch after the last round? Then do you change magazines & push the safety handle down to reload the first round without having to cycle the charging handle?

A few pictures would be helpful

Thanks

post-9422-1204833805.jpg

All Saiga's BHO levers (minus the S-12) lock the bolt back directly over the center of the mag.

So if you notch the safety lever you can lock the bolt behind the mag. With a loaded mag in you simply flip the safety lever to fire, it chambers a round and it's ready to rock.

www.blackjackbuffers.com had Saiga SWIFT levers but they are out of stock now. I assume the receiver swipe was correct on them (better than their regular AK ones) but comparing several factory levers here, no two are identical.

+1 dinzag. The best thing about them is you can drop the bolt without taking your hand off the PG or HG.

As far as the receiver scratch, I thought the last one I got from blackjack was supposed to be for the S-12 and not change the location of the scratch but it did <_<

One scratch is fine but two sucks.

I was playing with Juggs lever in my S12 when I notched his. It was different than my S12 - started to make a new swipe so I removed it. My brand new S12 is identical to my old 2001 though :up:

To cut our own, is there a template we need to be following or is it just so simple that we shouldn't be talking about it, and just be cutting already?

I have a tendancy to over-analyze things long enough to miss out on making a decision.

To cut our own, is there a template we need to be following or is it just so simple that we shouldn't be talking about it, and just be cutting already?

I have a tendancy to over-analyze things long enough to miss out on making a decision.

It's super-easy. Just follow the link I posted above.