Dimples, can finally sleep well at night

Ok, so I now promise not to buy anymore Saigas (maybe one more S12 ok ok):

100_0509.jpg

100_0510.jpg

One note on the selector markings, I really wish they left the stock ones alone!!!!!!!!!. They sand them off and get into the rail welds so then they weld a bit on the inside of the gun to compensate. Its actually a great looking weld considering.

Also notice the difference in the scope mounts!

The non-Y gun is my Khyber pass, thinking traditional on the Y stamp, full stock.

Edited by dyi

2282677590_307a9f0ee7.jpg

10-30-05454.jpg

khyberdone1.jpg

Khyber Pass Copy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

A Khyber Pass Copy is a firearm manufactured by cottage gunsmiths in the Khyber Pass region between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The area has long had a reputation for producing unlicensed, home-made copies of firearms using whatever materials are available- more often than not, railway lines/sleepers, junked motor vehicles, and scrap metal. The quality on such rifles varies- as one might expect- ranging from "As good as a factory-produced example" to "dangerously unsafe", tending towards the latter end of the scale.

The most commonly encountered Khyber Pass Copies are of British military firearms, notably Martini-Henry, Martini-Enfield, and Lee-Enfield rifles, although AK-47 rifles, Webley Revolvers, Tokarev TT-33s, Colt M1911s, and Browning Hi-Powers have also been encountered as Khyber Pass Copies.

The Khyber Pass gunsmiths first acquired examples of the various British service arms during 19th Century British military expeditions in the North-West Frontier, which they used to make their own copies. During World War II, some of the locally organised Irregular Forces were issued Khyber Pass made rifles - partly for financial reasons, and partly because there was concern the troops would steal their rifles and desert if issued higher-quality British or Indian manufactured rifles. [1]

Edited by dyi
do either guns' brass after firing, appear normal, without deformation like you get from a civilian contract barrel?

Bvamp, you are asking if it has the so called chamber step to indicate a civilian vs military gun? I just got these home last night so I will check but I'm already demilling so it might be a little time to fire. Is there a way to visually inspect w/o firing. Also if you want the serial range PM me.