where to buy a 20in at?

hello all!

I am new to the boards and have have been bitten with the Saiga conversion bug :wub:

but I want a 20 instead of the 16 (i just like longer tubes)

my main goal for this is to be used as my SHTF gun, and just good hearted plinking (and some testing to see how much accuracy you can squeeze from a AK thats under $500)

but I have seen quite a price difference from the 16 to 20 (16in are going for 270, but 20's are going for 299.99)

so I am just looking for the best place to buy one at the best price possible.

any and all posts will be appreciated!

THANKS!!!

I was just on the DD's ranch web site and they really pissed me off. I was looking at a Wasr-22 and it says that it can't be sold in NJ or CT. Are they fucked up or something? I've been planning on buying one of these for months now and have spoken to 4 different detectives and 2 different captains at the NJ state police and they all confirmed that ANY Ak "Stlye" semi auto without certain features is legal in NJ. People think they're not legal because of a paragraph at the end of the banned guns list. It says that anything looking identical in appearance to a weapon on the banned list is considered banned. I told them that the real AK's have a third hole in the receiver and semi auto CLONES don't. They all confirmed that this did in fact make them different and not identical in appearance. They listed all the banned items that could possibly be put on the gun and made sure I understood about them. I told them that I intended to put a pistol grip on the rifle and leave the 10 round magazine on it. I did not intend to put a grenade launcher, bayonet, collapsable or folding stock on it, or thread the barrel. They said that because it would hold under 15 rounds with the detachable magazine, have a pistol grip, be similar but not identical in appearance to the real AK, and not have any other features considered to be banned I could buy it and enjoy it legally in NJ. I e-mailed them and made them aware of this conversation with the state police and am now waiting for them to get back to me.

hmph, 300...poo,

i wanna keep this a cheap as possible.

ah what the hell i guess a 16 will work,

what my end goal was to make something like a modern Tabuk rifle but with MUCH better quality

but if i cant get my hands on a 20in for a little more reasonable price then i wont worry about it!

but hell while im here i figure id ask for best suggestions for the parts to use on the conversion.

sooooo i DON'T want a folding stock, im thinking of a SAW grip, the G2 trigger pack (duh) and the ak-74 type muzzle brake (ill have my gunsmith to do that)

now i don't mind if i loose the 74 brake to keep the cost down (for now)

all i really want is a top hand guard scope rail so i can do a scout style scope mount but i cant not seem to find such a thing for the rifles

over all goal is to keep it a cheap as possible.

check out your local dealers on a order price, sometimes cheaper then buying it online and paying for S&H and transfer fee's, or check out gunbroker.com which has a few from gilbert and i think even mississippi arms had some for cheap 2. I know i saw a couple of 16" for 257 buyout.........but i don't remember which vendor had it...

Edited by Vultite
check out your local dealers on a order price, sometimes cheaper then buying it online and paying for S&H and transfer fee's, or check out gunbroker.com which has a few from gilbert and i think even mississippi arms had some for cheap 2. I know i saw a couple of 16" for 257 buyout.........but i don't remember which vendor had it...

ok so what is the cheapest way to convert? i mean price wise

i can do all the work myself but i need to find the most LOW cost way to do it and what should my total price be at the bare bone lowest