First Trip to Range w/ New Saiga

Ok, we've been back from the range about 30 minutes now, and after firing about 100 rounds through my new, stock saiga, I have to say WOW !!! :killer:

What an absolutely great gun!! At 25 yards, it was about 2 inches left of bullseye, and without a laser, I very well could have been my shooting. Not one missfeed, shoots smoothly, and very little kick. Even my wife, who was an expert marksman with a M16 in the Army liked this much better! Now she says she wants it and I need to order another one. I agree with one thing, no one can have just one! :super: Very, very cool gun!

2" at 25 yards? Wouldnt that be A LOT off at 100yards? The reason I ask is that when I look down my sights I can almost swear that the front sight is off to the left by just a little as it looks closer to the left side of the "U" than to the right? Dont know if this is an optical illusion or what? If it is off, how do I go about moving it left to right to adjust accordingly? Is there a special tool, or does it move by tapping it?

Edited by medicff0879
2" at 25 yards? Wouldnt that be A LOT off at 100yards? The reason I ask is that when I look down my sights I can almost swear that the front sight is off to the left by just a little as it looks closer to the left side of the "U" than to the right? Dont know if this is an optical illusion or what? If it is off, how do I go about moving it left to right to adjust accordingly? Is there a special tool, or does it move by tapping it?

Try something like this. http://www.jgsales.com/advanced_search_res...mp;x=13&y=8

Hay, yeah, there was a thread on this recently, look in this forum. Mine looks about a quarter inch off to the left also, but when shooting, two of my first ten shots were bullseyes, and the others were all within two inches of the bullseye, mostly left, so without a lazer, I can only assume its my aim, and can't blame the rifle without more data. I have a lot of experience with handguns, and can hit a good tight pattern with my sig p229 on a regular basis. shotguns as well, but I really dont have that much experience with rifles. This Saiga I just love!! I'm gonna shoot it a bit more, then do a conversion. Can't wait to shoot it with a pistol grip!!

:smoke:

peace ya'll, David

Try something like this. http://www.jgsales.com/advanced_search_res...mp;x=13&y=8

Excellent, just what I thought, there is a tool for this. I wonder if I can run down the street to Cheaper than Dirt and pick one of these up without having to pay shipping? Then again, I would end up paying the damned sales tax, but it should be less than paying $8 to ship a $9 tool? Nevermind, after checking on shipping these thieves want $9.95 to ship a $9.00 item!! Thanks for recommendation, I will see if I can find one locally.

Edited by medicff0879

I use a brass mallet, myself, and turn it, and hit it with another hammer once. hard. IF YOU NEVER HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE.... --

you can (as per cobra 76 two's suggestion, and others') take a c-clamp and a socket that is larger than that thing you need to move in the front sight base, and figure out how to move it over.

I prefer a hammer. Then again, I am not picky. I have abused my saiga from day one, and it has passed my tests, above the rest. use the C clamp and socket method. be sure to not marr the finish. Your rifle should pass your tests, much the same that my shotgun has passed mine. (they make them in shotgun and 308 too, ya know).

the saiga is the best gun going right now, for many reasons. whatever chambering it may be.

Edited by Bvamp

Excellent, just what I thought, there is a tool for this. I wonder if I can run down the street to Cheaper than Dirt and pick one of these up without having to pay shipping? Then again, I would end up paying the damned sales tax, but it should be less than paying $8 to ship a $9 tool? Nevermind, after checking on shipping these thieves want $9.95 to ship a $9.00 item!! Thanks for recommendation, I will see if I can find one locally.

Cheaper than Dirt has them, last time I checked.