While surfing several AK-47 sites I came across the name of Chris Horn of Horn's Custom Rifles. He is involved in building custom AK-47 rifles which he sells on GunBroker.com. He lives near Flagstaff, AZ. Has anyone heard of him or used him? Any feedback? He recommends against using the RSA trigger indicating it is continually falling out of adjustment due to the recoil of the AK-47. He apparently uses the Tapco G2 with his own modification. Unless I hear something negative about him I will have him do my AK-47 conversion next month when I go thru Flagstaff. He promised to finish it if I stayed there overnight. Any members here live in Flagstaff?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

two things:

My RSA trigger has slowly fallen out of adjustment because of no loctite applied....here is a nice video of the fun:

th_PSLlighttrigger.jpg

second: I can say Chris Horn in Flagstaff is pretty cool. I have done a couple transfers and he fixed my shittie PPSH-43 semi-auto which I think was manufactured with the intention of display purposes only...lol.. Thumbs up for Horn's Custom Rifles

dude, are you bumpfiring from the shoulder in that vid? cool, i've never been able to do that (from the shoulder).

with the trigger so light it was unintentional...it slowly began double tapping a few weeks ago and then one day I figured out how to just keep my finger in the trigger area loose...and the gun did all the work..

it has been fixed to not do that anymore though...

• 2 weeks later...
While surfing several AK-47 sites I came across the name of Chris Horn of Horn's Custom Rifles. He is involved in building custom AK-47 rifles which he sells on GunBroker.com. He lives near Flagstaff, AZ. Has anyone heard of him or used him? Any feedback? He recommends against using the RSA trigger indicating it is continually falling out of adjustment due to the recoil of the AK-47. He apparently uses the Tapco G2 with his own modification. Unless I hear something negative about him I will have him do my AK-47 conversion next month when I go thru Flagstaff. He promised to finish it if I stayed there overnight. Any members here live in Flagstaff?

I'm from Tucson,Az and i sent my ak to him to put a shorter barrel in it, he said he was backlogged and it would be done in a couple of weeks, i was kinda bummed , but he had it back to me within a few days , as stated before he is a nice guy to deal with , i will use him again in the future.