If you are going to use a solid buttstock like a TAPCO or KVAR (or any standard AK style) then you don't need a receiver block. You only need that it you want to install a side folder.

There are two kinds of ACE receiver blocks - internal and external. The internal block requires you to cut the upper tang on the receiver. The external receiver doesn't require the mod, but it looks goofy.

So unless you're planning on a side folder, any standard AK stock will fit without modification.

Jim

If you are going to use a solid buttstock like a TAPCO or KVAR (or any standard AK style) then you don't need a receiver block. You only need that it you want to install a side folder.

There are two kinds of ACE receiver blocks - internal and external. The internal block requires you to cut the upper tang on the receiver. The external receiver doesn't require the mod, but it looks goofy.

So unless you're planning on a side folder, any standard AK stock will fit without modification.

Jim

There are side folders available that do not require any mods. They were issued in East Germany, Romania and Poland. You can buy them here from various vendors.

What about an underfolder...that is if you can find a US underfolding stock.

An underfolder will require an extra part to 'make it work', or extensive metal work on the rifle to install it as it was meant to be.

An underfolder will require an extra part to 'make it work', or extensive metal work on the rifle to install it as it was meant to be.

I totally grasp the concept of that part you need.

To clarify, I was trying to ask if anyone knew of an American underfolding stock.

I totally grasp the concept of that part you need.

To clarify, I was trying to ask if anyone knew of an American underfolding stock.

I personally have never seen or heard of one.

• 1 month later...

whut up guys! I live in Commiefornia & looking for a place to buy a FIXED stock for a saiga AK. ace skeleton stock

Also does it come with all the parts i need for a gunsmith to put it on? or do i need to buy additional pieces? I thought ACE stocks fit right on.

great site!!!