Are flashiders legal on "postban" rifles now?

if you keep the US parts count up, and if you dont live in a communist state like NY, CA, MD, etc

Im wondering if anyone in the business of selling firearms is considering holding onto preban/postban stuff as is to sell in states like NY that allow preban and post ban. it would be a shame if the good stuff dried up because all the dealers out of this state changed the parts out on post ban stuff, or mixed in the preban mags with the post ban ones.

it depends where you live, but yeh.

I guess you wont find a russian muzzle attachment threaded onto any saigas from the factory, nor would adding a part interfere, i suppose. I have the AWB here in NY, so I try to remember that there are a gazillion gun owners in my state that if asked this question, I would be telling to commit a felony if i said a plain "yeh its ok to do now"

I dont know what i was thinking. thanks for the pointing that out for me KySoldier :)

...actually, you just gave me an idea for my signature on my posts here...thanks

Edited by Bvamp
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I've been out of country for a few months on a business trip and I'm still here, but will be back in a few more months. I missed the big AW ban lifting. I really wanted to be there for that, too bad. But now that I have a connection, I have a few questions. Can I put a real folding stock, flash supressor, pistolgrip etc. on my VEPR now? Also how about my Saiga-12? Can I do anything to it now?

post-6-1103459187.jpg

yeh i think you are away on business, alright.....

it depends what state you are in. in NY, MD, CA, and a couple others that are county-specific laws, you are restricted. otherwise, do whatever you want.

glad to see you can still break a smile somehow. we are all very proud of you.

also, drag parts are illegal to import still. the real drag parts. the real HK parts are as well. VEPR parts should be ok. also, you still have to adhere to the imported gun parts count rules that I am sure you know about already.

you look warm there, Verprguy. here we just got our first blast of snow and real cold weather all year in NY.

Yes, it is legal, provided that no more than 10 parts from a list were imported. If you have a semi-auto rifle that currently has a pistol grip it should already be in compliance. To add a flash hider to that, just make sure it is either US made or replace another foreign part with US made. DONE

But check your state regs first. It is unlikely your state laws will be more complicated than a simple yes or no to the conversion, probably no extra conditions for doing it, but I'm from a free state so I'm not sure.

Thanks, sounds like a plan. How about the Saiga-12? Can it have a pistolgrip, folding stock etc. now too, or is it some destructive device or something. More importantly, how about the manufacture of higher capacity magazines for the shotguns. Any ideas on the legalities of that stuff?

that is all legal in most states now. I cant do any of that in NY to my s12, and I cant buy any magazine post-94 make here either. that is just my state though. there are a small handful of states with partial laws and such in place, but nothing involved like NY or CA has now.

• 1 month later...