US made bolt carrier assembly

Anyone know if there is a fully US made bolt assembly available? would be nice to see, for extra compliance parts :smoke: closest thing i can find are at Kvar with kits that have US made pistons but not carrier....i don't think there even is a US made carrier...yet....

OK how about a link for KVar?? I am asking questions here and getting no answers. At my other forum I would have had at least 10 by now! I am here because of the gun and the fact that the other forum is not a dedicated Saiga forum. I get some info from old threads and have seen you help out newbies, why does a question go un-answered here for days? I am getting frustrated. I love my Saiga .308. This is the place for info On Saiga guns... Did I forget to use deodorant or what???

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=271

http://www.tapco.com/catalog.aspx?id=39

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

Perhaps these will help you. The last one is Tantal and I have found him to be singularly uninterested in responding to e-mail to purchase his wares. Good luck.

thanks!!!! I will look into the sites. I got my gun in a trade (Igave up a 1022 stainless folder and goodies) The guy was telling me the Saiga was 922 compliant because of all the US parts it is made with, I told him it was a Russian made rifle and had no Us parts beyond the SF Mag he had in it. If there is any pics of differences in the US made piston and the Russian, that would be cool. I am pretty sure my .308 is factory still and I need to make her a legal citizen of the USA ! many thanks for the links guys!

Indy

thanks!!!! I will look into the sites. I got my gun in a trade (Igave up a 1022 stainless folder and goodies) The guy was telling me the Saiga was 922 compliant because of all the US parts it is made with, I told him it was a Russian made rifle and had no Us parts beyond the SF Mag he had in it. If there is any pics of differences in the US made piston and the Russian, that would be cool. I am pretty sure my .308 is factory still and I need to make her a legal citizen of the USA ! many thanks for the links guys!

Indy

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=213585

If there is any pics of differences in the US made piston and the Russian, that would be cool.

Indy

Easiest way to tell for 922r compliance is to simply look at the part. If it is a 922r compliant US made part it has to have "USA" or "Made in the USA" stamped or etched somewhere on the part. If you can't find that anywhere on the part, it's not a 922r compliant part.

If there is any pics of differences in the US made piston and the Russian, that would be cool.

Indy

Easiest way to tell for 922r compliance is to simply look at the part. If it is a 922r compliant US made part it has to have "USA" or "Made in the USA" stamped or etched somewhere on the part. If you can't find that anywhere on the part, it's not a 922r compliant part.

There is no law that says the part must be marked "USA" or "Made in the USA".

Century puts "C" on their US parts

Gas pistons made of stainless steel are pretty much gonna be US made, no matter what they're marked (the commies used chromed carbon steel for their original pistons).

Hotbarrel over on Gunco, makes excellent muzzle devices right here in the US, but they aren't marked in any fashion.

Best advice is to save your receipt showing you bought a "US made" item, if the item itself isn't so marked.

There is no law that says the part must be marked "USA" or "Made in the USA".

You know, I thought I had seen it in writing some where once upon a time.. but studious googling can't produce anything of the sort so it may just have been a side effect of sniffing too much Hoppes.