Barrel Shroud for S12

damn man looking sweet, this might sway me from paying uncle sam 200 to get my barrell shortened.

Keep in mind, I did have my barrel chopped whereas the OAL length of my barrel with shark brake is 18.0". The shroud, for some reason, makes the barrel appear short. The shroud is 5 and 7/8 inches long and gives me a good bracing point for rapid fire. Glad you like it.

I bookmarked the site,..

http://www.veriforcetactical.com/tactical_accessories/482/

It indicates a shroud length of 6 7/8"

This works great for me, but I see your post below is 5 7/8" long did you cut it down or is this a different product?

I just want to make sure I order the longer shroud.

Thanks,

long

damn man looking sweet, this might sway me from paying uncle sam 200 to get my barrell shortened.

Keep in mind, I did have my barrel chopped whereas the OAL length of my barrel with shark brake is 18.0". The shroud, for some reason, makes the barrel appear short. The shroud is 5 and 7/8 inches long and gives me a good bracing point for rapid fire. Glad you like it.

I bookmarked the site,..

http://www.veriforcetactical.com/tactical_accessories/482/

It indicates a shroud length of 6 7/8"

This works great for me, but I see your post below is 5 7/8" long did you cut it down or is this a different product?

I just want to make sure I order the longer shroud.

Thanks,

Gas Giant- I too read it to be 6 7/8" in length. When I got it, I put it on temporarily and the fore end of it was about 13/32" from the ass end of my shark brake. I bought it thinking it would totally encompass the barrel up to the brake. I measured the shrouds length and is 5 7/8". Apparently a typo mistake on their part as to length. But I realized then if it were 6 7/8", it would have extended past the tail end of my brake by 15/32". Lucky me- if it were an inch longer, I would have had problems. Keep in mind that Tony chopped my barrel to 18.0" including the shark brake. This left me with a length of barrel of 6 9/32" between the halo and brake. IF yours is unchopped (19"), then I'd assume that you'll have a space of 1 13/32" from the shroud to a muzzle attachment.

long

Edited by ILstMyMarbles
  • 3 months later...

Wow!!! I just got my toy back from Tony a week ago as I had him throat the barrel, modified the FCG to the SRT, and had the "Tromix" logo stamped on my receiver. Holy Shit, what a difference! That trigger mod is almost scary-damn, a whisper of the finger could trip this trigger. Throating the barrel made the action flow like butter. And now she is branded "TROMIX". Now all I need is a tactical magazine release. Am I missing anything....no, the kitchen sink won't work out.

Edited by ILstMyMarbles