Saiga 12 EAA VS. RAA

I have an 07' RAA saiga 12 that functions flawlessly, and the fit and finish is realy nice. I had a chance to look over an EAA s12 today and was impressed. The overall fit of the gun was nicer than my RAA (for lack of a better word), and It seemed to have been manufactured to tighter tolerances. The only neg- was that I noticed the AGP mags had a little more lateral play, or a slight wobble. I know the mfg. co. is the same, but I do believe the EAA's were made a littler better if all examples are as nice as the one I saw today (and assuming all RAA's are similar to my IZ-109). Any other experiences someone would share that could also compare and contrast the two importer's s12's?

You only looked at one EAA and compared it to your one RAA. In each group, there are wide variations, and there were multiple batches made within each importer's time period.

Both mine and my friend's Saiga were both imported by RAA and judging by the serial numbers, they were made very close together. His functioned flawlessly out of the box, and mine has had many modifications done to it to make it function pretty much flawlessly.

Edited by Monk