Kobra Red Dot Installed...

I got my Kobra red dot in from Tantal. I installed it last night and so far I am really impressed. Next I'll have to get it sighted in.

I can't wait to try it out. Enjoy the picts:

P1040942.jpg

P1040945.jpg

P1040944.jpg

P1040943.jpg

P1040950.jpg

P1040951.jpg

P1040947.jpg

P1040946.jpg

P1040952.jpg

Looking good!

The dumb ass I am, I forgot the little black tool that is needed for large adjustments when I went to the range. Mine shot about 2 feet low out of the box at 25 yds. Without the tool I was forced to shoot "the old fashioned way". :rolleyes:

Get a picatinny mount for it and also a picatinny low rise mount for the side. It will move the whole thing forward an inch or so. World of difference.

With the default side mount you have, you stand a good chance to smack yourself good. Remember, buck and slugs~!

I know, I have a kobra with the quick release kit on it. My friend has a kobra (like yours) and wanted me to check it out.....not very safe really.

You're mileage may vary of course. But if you get scope eye (more or less), ya been warned.

Kobra a kick butt sight though~! Great choice!

~Steve

Edited by whatmanual

I have the 3rd gen version of Kobra with that same side mount on my Saiga 7.62 rifle. I initially ordered the scope with the rail mount and there is no rail mount that would put the scope as low and centered on the gun as the pictured side mount. I don't ever seeing it coming off or smacking you in the eye. It is slightly closer than I like too but not by much.

Adjusting it is a pain in the caboose BUT it has a wide range of adjustability.