Has anyone looked into putting a shotgun butt stock with the pistol grip already on it on a saiga?? It would save a lot of work and time if one would fit the saiga with just a little fitting?? I see these shotgun butt stocks with the pistol grip already on them so we wouldn't have to move the trigger up to fit it in. This would be great for ones who can't do the work involved of moving everything and give them a chance to do it another way with the same end results. UKP

Why not? Build up the areas needed with JB Weld or Bondo, cut the others down, drill/tap and attach.

that will not work.

as we all saw on my "it happened again" thread, jb weld cannot hold up to recoil.

bondo is a filler - it is nowhere near strong enough to withstand recoil of any sort.

Using bondo or JB weld isn't a problem so long as it's use as a gap filler (what I intended) for asthetics. The original adapter was supposed to be the piece that was actually tap/drilled into to secure it to the gun, this taking the stress.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a pistol grip stock from Baltic birch which I used two pieces epoxied together and cut to shape. The part which attaches to the rifle was finished with epoxy filler which I still have to see if it will take the recoil. If it won't I'll use fiberglas filled resin which is stronger than Bondo to build up the area. I used the epoxy filler top build up the area because it was faster than shaping it with a router or chisel.

:sadam::killer:

Die terrorist scum!

Edited by uzitiger