I am considering having a muzzle brake added to the list of things on my Saiga .308 conversion taking place soon. What are the pros and cons of muzzle breaks? Is any model better than the others? Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Edited by The_Vigilante

Hey V,

Check out this thread,...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...hl=muzzle+break

I am considering having a muzzle brake added to the list of things on my Saiga .308 conversion taking place soon. What are the pros and cons of muzzle breaks? Is any model better than the others? Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

The above thread started about 762 brakes has some very good info and references.

I'm as guilty as the next guy about enjoying a cool looking rifle but I would like to learn more details about how the various "add-ons" not only function, but effect the accuracy, etc of the various rifles.

It seems to me the the classic AK47 slant break would have been designed largely to address muzzle rise on an assault type AK.

Something for muzzle flash would seem to be more for just sniper type seclusion.

At the really low prices some of these are advertised for, and as some on here have noted, it's hard to tell what & how well some of these function. There was at least 1 really good description of how to tell on one style. Marketing is not necessarily always accurate :P

I'm interested in thoughts and ideas for folks using the Saiga 308 for target shooting & long range greetings. There were a few posts in the other thread re; 308's.

Do we have before and after comparisons on our Saiga 308's ?

Thanx

HarvKY