STOCK: .308ver21 thumbhole on modified 7.62 Russian?

If you mean the factory thumbhole stock... NO... it will be too far back, your trigger will be 2 inches in front of it... Why not just buy the 7.62 X 39 with it already on there and forget converting if you want THAT STOCK...

Otherwise, you will need to consider different thumbhole stock options.

:smoke:

AH... in looking, I erred in my above post, but it still doesn't change the answer...

If you look at the ver 21, doesn't it have the angled cut receiver like the VEPR? IF so... the stock is going to be made to fit that angled contour... and not the straight back of a X39. You CAN cut and angle the receiver on an X39... Cobra did... came out good... but then you are stuck with VEPR style buttstocks from that point on...

Well, ABSOLUTELY you can... Its an AK, of course an AK stock will fit on them. LOL!! I almost want to say "DUH" here, and smack you on the forehead :lol: ... I mean haven't you been reading posts here and looking at pictures?

Hell, I just put a Bulgarian set on my Saiga... thats about as "standard AK" as it gets... check the "long sexy blonde" thread...

AND... I am sure there are MANY thumbhole stocks out there you can choose from to get the look you want without the hassles you were thinking about originally...

any AK stock will fit a Saiga once you have moved the trigger guard forward. :up:

Yea, I haven't read a whole lot on the forum. I just jumped on here and started asking questions. Now I have the information I need. I think I'll used the Advanced Technology AK set on my Saiga. Thanks for the info.
Hey,Welcome to the world of the Saiga weapons...this forum has all the information you need to make the proper choice on modification of the stock Saiga weapon........SLOW DOWN & LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!! You will save yourself time,money, & a range of undesireable emotions if you acquire the knowledge needed to outfit your Saiga before going on a buying spree of parts either unneeded or not functional in your modification build. You talk of buying the ATI AK furniture set...do you know the handguards won't simply "bolt-on" a Saiga? Relax & read through the forum sections & you'll be a happier,less stressed(Darn don't fit!!!) Saiga owner/shooter.The people here are friendly & free with their knowledge ,but DO READ PRIOR POSTINGS to gain knowledge & to ask reasonable questions that hopefully haven't been asked and answered, time & time again. Good Hunting!