I recently tried the Indian ammo from CTD.com and it is better than expected as there were no jams. How is this stuff for reloading? The brass is in great condition and I ran it through a tumbler and it shined up real nice. Also what type of powder and primers do you suggest. I am also looking for a good deal on some inexpensive target bullets to reload with as well.

Depending on the Indian ammo you got, I am glad you had no kabooms. Some of that stuff was double or treble loaded among other major lapses of quality control.

It is NATO military standard brass, so whatever primers work for military brass will be fine.

NATO standard military brass? Hmm... Thats what I thought too... when I bought some portuguese stuff... its BEAUTIFUL brass, nice and shiny and clean... NATO headstamp... beautiful...

Yeah... Right... Wheres Murphy?!?!?!? :unsure::bag:

BERDAN PRIMED!

I get to throw it all away when I shoot it... :up: Yay me...

Seriously, though... as long as its Boxer primed... reload to whatever loads the manuals say to load to. Find one that works best in your rifle, and that can be a long and SLOW going process... what bullet weight, what powder, how MUCH powder, etc..etc... Two rifles off the line next to each other may shoot the exact same bullet TOTALLY diffently... you gotta find the one that works for you... people can suggest.. but theres no guarantee that THAT suggestion will actually be the one to work the best... Still... have at it and good luck!! :up:

:smoke:

• 1 month later...
NATO standard military brass? Hmm... Thats what I thought too... when I bought some portuguese stuff... its BEAUTIFUL brass, nice and shiny and clean... NATO headstamp... beautiful...

BERDAN PRIMED!

Seriously, though... as long as its Boxer primed... reload to whatever loads the manuals say to load to. Find one that works best in your rifle, and that can be a long and SLOW going process... what bullet weight, what powder, how MUCH powder, etc..etc... Two rifles off the line next to each other may shoot the exact same bullet TOTALLY diffently... you gotta find the one that works for you... people can suggest.. but theres no guarantee that THAT suggestion will actually be the one to work the best... Still... have at it and good luck!! :up:

"

Posted Apr 14 2008, 07:29 PM

I recently tried the Indian ammo from CTD.com and it is better than expected as there were no jams. How is this stuff for reloading? The brass is in great condition and I ran it through a tumbler and it shined up real nice. Also what type of powder and primers do you suggest. I am also looking for a good deal on some inexpensive target bullets to reload with as well."

Indyarms is right

just look into the neck of the brass to the base. one hole..... great = boxer 2 small holes.... bad = berdan. Berdan can be reloaded with a special tool for getting the primer out. I've read about it, but haven't done it. I've also found links about redrilling for a boxer primer and smashing the burrs over to fill the berdan holes. Too much hassle. I just have been saving my south african NATO ammo packs and bought a bunch of US Army range brass. Good military brass and it wasn't to expensive.

As I understand it, military brass has a thicker wall, but if you're shooting a saiga, M1A, FAL, or something similar, Remington or Winchester is fine. If you're shooting a G3, CETME, HK91, you'll need military brass as the ejection system is quite different and you'll tend to pull the necks off the commercial brass

or cause them to burst.

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=6465

:super:

BERDAN PRIMED!

"

Posted Apr 14 2008, 07:29 PM

I recently tried the Indian ammo from CTD.com and it is better than expected as there were no jams. How is this stuff for reloading? The brass is in great condition and I ran it through a tumbler and it shined up real nice. Also what type of powder and primers do you suggest. I am also looking for a good deal on some inexpensive target bullets to reload with as well."

Indyarms is right

just look into the neck of the brass to the base. one hole..... great = boxer. 2 small holes.... bad = berdan. Berdan can be reloaded with a special tool for getting the primer out. I've read about it, but haven't done it. I've also found links about redrilling for a boxer primer and smashing the burrs over to fill the berdan holes. Too much hassle. I just have been saving my south african NATO ammo packs and bought a bunch of US Army range brass. Good military brass and it wasn't to expensive.

As I understand it, military brass has a thicker wall, but if you're shooting a saiga, M1A, FAL, or something similar, Remington or Winchester is fine. If you're shooting a G3, CETME, HK91, you'll need military brass as the ejection system is quite different and you'll tend to pull the necks off the commercial brass

or cause them to burst.

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=6465

:super: