Easy fix. NO. They are NOT supposed to be that way. People just don't know they can be adjusted.

Grab your rifle.

Fold, and un-fold while looking at the right side folding mechanism.

Look. You will see that the circular top piece moves outward, until it reaches another hole, and pops down/in.

You can manually tighten the ring that is inside. It has holes around the entire circumfrence.

Once tightened by hand.

Check to see if You tightened it such that You can see daylight through it. That would mean it's lined up. The disc holes.

Now tap a roll pin into it. It will not slip and come undone. It will remain rigid. Just enough movement to fold/unfold.

If it's to tight after to unfold/fold. turn it back one hole, and try again.

Mine got a bit wobbly after a dozen or so folds. But if You have a Century build. I'd bet You don't have a pin. They just got cheap on that bit. Mine is perfect now. I folded/unfolded/fired it lots the last month, or two.

No problems in this area now.

Good Luck.

Yes. That sounds about right.

So. your inside disc spins freely? You're saying there is a pin in it?

If so. Yes. Tap out roll pin. Re-insert after tightening. I fiddled with mine 2, or 3 times. Now it's great.

I own 3 of these. 1 Century, and 2 Virgin M70AB2 kits. My favorite AK for quality/affordability.