Finally received my Walnut Handguards from Ironwood after a LONG 3+ week wait. The fit and finish are great and I plan to have some pics up soon, however, the customer service experience was marginal and quite disappointing. I had countless number of emails stating "just a couple of days longer" and a week later still the same "just a couple of more days."

If I could do it all over again I would have ordered synthetic handguards and had them in half the time, put a vertical grip on it and been good to go. Love the product but I will not place another order with Ironwood again.

Pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Those HGs look great! What are you bitching about?

Ironwood is an excellent business and doesn't deserve to be talked about like that on this forum. If you received "countless" emails saying you would get them soon, then it sounds to me more like you pestered the crap out of them. Their products are top notch and they happen to be the best place you can buy US made AK wood furniture and the only place you can get it with the exact dimensions of real imported AK wood.

Three weeks is not a long wait for anything custom designed and made. I'm sure Matt had reasons for that time frame. If it was me and someone kept pestering me about something like that "countless" times, I would probably just send them their money back and tell them I can't stand trying to work with impatient people. It's a huge pet peeve of mine.

But that's just me...I'm sure Matt had a reason.

Those HGs look great! What are you bitching about?

Ironwood is an excellent business and doesn't deserve to be talked about like that on this forum. If you received "countless" emails saying you would get them soon, then it sounds to me more like you pestered the crap out of them. Their products are top notch and they happen to be the best place you can buy US made AK wood furniture and the only place you can get it with the exact dimensions of real imported AK wood.

Three weeks is not a long wait for anything custom designed and made. I'm sure Matt had reasons for that time frame. If it was me and someone kept pestering me about something like that "countless" times, I would probably just send them their money back and tell them I can't stand trying to work with impatient people. It's a huge pet peeve of mine.

But that's just me...I'm sure Matt had a reason.

I am not the only member here that has had a problem with a LOT LONGER than promised turn around as I had about 2-3 other folks asking me about my experience even before I had received the handguards. Either way, if he would have sent my money back I would have been perfectly fine with that, in fact, the last email I sent mentioned that as a possibility. He sent the handguards then. Soo, my problem was with the customer service and mainly with the time frame being a lot longer than I was led to believe.

The quality of the pieces were very nice and I am happy with the look. So that being said, just throwing out an opinion from a paying customer for others to consider in which I am totally within my rights to do so. I am also WELL within my rights to demand an answer as to where the product I PAID for is when it was promised ALOT sooner than it arrived. If you choose to return money than you would probably go out of business, if you deliver on time, you wont have customers asking about the product you promised in the first place.

Edited by medicff0879