Location of trigger guard ?'s

I am trying desperately to get a Saiga, but after reading some of the post about being able to bump fire and essentially having 3 round burst that way. My question is will it also do it if the trigger guard is left in the stock posistion as compared to moving it with a conversion? I want to convert but I'm not sure I will be moving the trigger forward. Does moving the trigger forward make any functionality difference or is it just personal preference? If you guys read my other post about ordering my Saige you know the problem I'm having getting one in the first place. DD's website shows they have the dimpled receivers for $309.00, but I'm going to call them and check for sure, also waiting on Arms of America to see if they still have some in stock their price for a smooth receiver is $289.00 so for just $20.00 more I could have a dimpled, but is it really worth it? Thanks from the newb with all kinds of ?'s, theDuke.

wow. I got my dimpled receiver like 3 weeks ago for $250 (classic arms). that's wild. I read about your troubles, but that's just kinda weird to me, seems like they should have em!

anyway.... moving the FCG gives a better crisper trigger than the lever actuated one that comes stock. that's about all i know. if you dont want to move it, you could still get some drop in parts from dinzag, and a thumbhole/skeleton type stock to keep it in the stock location. just be sure to change out enough parts to be 922r compliant if you're going to use standard cap ak mags

wow. I got my dimpled receiver like 3 weeks ago for $250 (classic arms). that's wild. I read about your troubles, but that's just kinda weird to me, seems like they should have em!

anyway.... moving the FCG gives a better crisper trigger than the lever actuated one that comes stock. that's about all i know. if you dont want to move it, you could still get some drop in parts from dinzag, and a thumbhole/skeleton type stock to keep it in the stock location. just be sure to change out enough parts to be 922r compliant if you're going to use standard cap ak mags

I'm not sure but my take on it, is that the Saiga is becoming more popular and the demand is higher so the price will go up and shortages will occur at least for a while. I tried Classic they had them priced at $249.00 but not sure when the next shipment would be in. I really didn't want to spend $309.00 but figured if I didn't get one now I might have to pay more in the future. I will have to decide what route I'm going to take with the conversion, I personally think the trigger forward looks better but I don't want to screw up my new toy either. theDuke.

to each his own the dimples and x,y whatever mark,is for the very anal-gota have an exact copy of an ak,they do not make it shoot any better or faster just my 2 cents
I didn't buy a dimpled receiver to just have a dimpled one, I was trying to find the cheapest price I could get but every one said they were sold out and were not sure when they would be getting more. When crunchy53 told me he had gotten one from DD's Ranch I called them even though their website showed they were out of stock. They told me they had a couple of the dimpled ones left and I said I'll take it. I tried quite a few places and some were $350.00 or higher for the smooth receiver and at that price didn't come with a mag. I don't know enough to say one way or the other which is better, but dimpled was all he said he had in stock. I actually was trying to find a smooth receiver as from what I have read on here the smooth ones seem to have the PG hole already there and the dimpled seem to not have it. I already am leary of chiseling and drilling a brand new rifle so if the hole was already there it would have been a bonus for me. theDuke