Just a little show and tell.

This thing is well built and finished.

Uses the original 5.45x39 chrome heavy barrel on a 1.6mm Nodak receiver. It was spendy but cost the same price complete as a parts kit is selling for these days.

I would imagine it will be a very soft shooter.

2748768870102837700S600x600Q85.jpg

2390187060102837700S500x500Q85.jpg

2344488730102837700S600x600Q85.jpg

• 1 month later...

I had this out again looking at it this weekend and found the set of distance markings on the bottom of the sight that I had not noticed my first pass.

That is a pretty cool feature I didn't know about on RPKs. You can flip it up and adjust for distance without having to get up above or move the rifle if your prone.

Small details like that impress me as it shows that extra little bit of thought that makes an improvement.

Got my RPK74 a year ago or so. Shoots golf ball size groups at a 100. Good enough for me I suppose.

For a day of fun I carry 8 of the K-Var 45 rounders and have a couple bakelite 45 rounders spare in the pack.

Or simply 10 regular 30 rounders (5 each side) +1 in the gun.

It bumps from prone rather easy with a Redstar trigger (standard G2 will bump fairly well too).

Just have to be careful not to make it "too" light of a pull.

post-5106-1212595902_thumb.jpg

post-5106-1212596605_thumb.jpg

I'd trade you the plum furniture for my wood set. Been looking for a set that has the ribbed gas tube cover. Wood is fine though. Sturdier.

Edited by whatmanual
I'd trade you the plum furniture for my wood set. Been looking for a set that has the ribbed gas tube cover. Wood is fine though. Sturdier.

I prefer the polymer furniture so I'll have to pass but that is certainly a nice looking RPK.