Stuck in the middle of S12 conversion

i followed this thread http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=2042 in conjunction with the cross-conn article. Here's my problem/question.

When dropping in the new FCG, the trigger aligns with the russion factory trigger hole just fine. I used the old permanent rivets to align the hammer and disconnect into the origional holes on the receiver. Everything seems to look correct (I can set the hammer, pull the trigger and it goes whack) Is this the correct way to do it?

As of right now, it looks like everything lines up fine (PG, FCG, Trigger guard, selector stop, etc). BUT when I put it all together for trial fitting, the hammer hits the bar that's connected to the mag release (the low bar directly in front of the hammer). I'm wondering if I should just file that bar down giving the hammer proper room to move or if I need to drill new holes for the FCG?

If someone could post a picture of the inside of their receiver/FCG that would help a ton.

thanks!

Edited by brighamr
i followed this thread http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=2042 in conjunction with the cross-conn article. Here's my problem/question.

When dropping in the new FCG, the trigger aligns with the russion factory trigger hole just fine. I used the old permanent rivets to align the hammer and disconnect into the origional holes on the receiver. Everything seems to look correct (I can set the hammer, pull the trigger and it goes whack) Is this the correct way to do it?

As of right now, it looks like everything lines up fine (PG, FCG, Trigger guard, selector stop, etc). BUT when I put it all together for trial fitting, the hammer hits the bar that's connected to the mag release (the low bar directly in front of the hammer). I'm wondering if I should just file that bar down giving the hammer proper room to move or if I need to drill new holes for the FCG?

If someone could post a picture of the inside of their receiver/FCG that would help a ton.

thanks!

hmm, well before i open my mouth and make an ass outta myself :super: i gotta ask you post a pic of what your talking about so we can help ya better ;)

Hey Vultite,

Thanks for the response. I would post a pic, but I actually figured it out (that whole time to think thing). After comparing the US made hammer to the origional, it was obvious the US made hammer has a bulge at the bottom, right above the hole where the origional permanent rivet went through. I did some grinding on the bulge to where the US made hammer matched up with the origional, and it works!

I do have one request though. If anyone has pictures of a converted saiga 12 receiver (with all the parts installed, minus dust cover and bolt carrier), I'd like to compare to make sure I have all the springs and everything properly installed.

Edited by brighamr

If there aren't any pics, can someone describe the installation of G2 FCG using their spring? I didn't know about the retaining plates until i parts arrived and I'd like to use the spring temporarily... maybe theres a thread somewhere of someone detailing the latter half of S12 conversion (putting everything back together) ?

Hey Cobra,

thanks for the pic. My spring is actually identical to yours (the one used in your AK74 "how to"). I think I have the shepards crook figured out now. The one I had was so hard, that I followed one of your templates and made my own.

My last stumbling block is using the factory BHO. If I follow your directions, the BHO spring is supposed to go between the trigger assembly and the BHO, with the BHO being directly next to the right receiver wall right?. I've been trying to wedge it in there for most of today, and I just don't think it's gonna fit in there. Would it be advisable to trim a few coils? Or is it just a realllllly tight fit for the stock BHO spring?

That's the last thing until my conversion is ready for a test shoot!