I have tried heat, PB Blaster, brass hammer, 12 ton press, nothing works. The thing wont budge. Yes, I removed the pins first. The FSB came right off with a few whacks from a brass hammer.

I didn't want to have to post this, but I'm about at the end of my rope here. I have searched and searched and found countless posts that say the thing should press right off. I saw a post by Tony where he said that sometimes it takes his 20 ton press and heat, well, I have a 12 ton and oxyacetalene and that just isn't doing it. I have heated it while under pressure to where it just starts to glow and then loaded it up with more pressure, but nothing.

At this rate I will break it before getting it off. In light of this my only thought is to slice it to release it, weld or silver solder the seam back together, then ream it out a little so it goes back on nice and easy. I don't want to do this but at least it would be a controlled, repairable break as opposed to a catastrophic one.

Not taking it off is not an option for me, I'm too stubborn and I refuse to be beat by this.

So, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have tried heat, PB Blaster, brass hammer, 12 ton press, nothing works. The thing wont budge. Yes, I removed the pins first. The FSB came right off with a few whacks from a brass hammer.

I didn't want to have to post this, but I'm about at the end of my rope here. I have searched and searched and found countless posts that say the thing should press right off. I saw a post by Tony where he said that sometimes it takes his 20 ton press and heat, well, I have a 12 ton and oxyacetalene and that just isn't doing it. I have heated it while under pressure to where it just starts to glow and then loaded it up with more pressure, but nothing.

At this rate I will break it before getting it off. In light of this my only thought is to slice it to release it, weld or silver solder the seam back together, then ream it out a little so it goes back on nice and easy. I don't want to do this but at least it would be a controlled, repairable break as opposed to a catastrophic one.

Not taking it off is not an option for me, I'm too stubborn and I refuse to be beat by this.

So, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Maby you could Try a air hammer some how with brass or something to prevent dings. When all els fails geta bigger hammer.

Cut it loose and forget it . I got one I can send you , $10.00 for the part and shipping . Call the shop and ask for me . Will

Will, you are the man, let there be no mistake about that. I'll call you this afternoon.

Thank you, thank you, I didn't think I would be able to find a .308 gas block, you just made my life a lot easier.